T.V. Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.V. Watching

Reading the "Deadwood" thread, it occurred to me that I no longer watch any fictional series on T.V. anymore. No sit coms, no dramas....

My fare is "Mythbusters" the news, O'Reilly, a couple of movie channels, reruns of Seinfield, and a lot of documentaries on the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, the National Discovery Channel, and a house & garden channel.

What do you other couch potatoes watch?

Football

And... a few documentaries on PBS. Maybe some sitcom reruns, rarely any new shows though. Occasionally I'll catch shows like Scrubs or the Office. But not often.

I've only got like 6 channels anyways, so I don't watch much.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      My fare is "Mythbusters"
      I see this all the time, great show

I also follow The 4400... that is when the 3rd season begins... and Lost... I haven't seen the last 4-5 episodes of the 2nd season yet
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I watch the exact same stuff as you Zkrib, plus the Stargate shows and commedy central if they have their news stuff on.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Hehe... I was going to ask what a TV is, but then I remembered I've been watching most of the World Cup. Normally, I don't watch much of anything though.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

I usually watch cartoons.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Adult Swim, Family Guy, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, WWE Raw, CNN, and Red Sox baseball are the only things I try to catch on a regular basis.

If Mythbusters or any good show is on History, Discovery, SpikeTV, FX, Bravo, or TLC, and I have nothing better to do, I'll watch. Usually it'll be That 70's Show on FX or CSI on SpikeTV.
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                I see [Mythbusters] all the time, great show
                Okay then answer me this:

I saw a show in which they were cannibalizing their Chicken Cannon to turn it into a giant water pump.

Later, I caught just then end of the Chicken Cannon show, where they were firing frozen and frest chickens into a barrier, and measuring the speed and decelleration when the chicken hit the barrier.

What the heck myth were they trying to bust??

Comment

That is a really good question.

Comment

Whether firing a chicken at an airplane will interfere with its flight. Or whether a bird could break a plane's windshield.

The best, by far, was the paper crossbow, which worked amazingly
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

The chicken or the airplane?

Comment

That was a quick edit.

What about the fried chicken?

Comment

Popcorn Chicken pouring down from the sky

Comment

Comment

I watch most channels airing COPS (court tv,Fox, FX), History Channel, Discovery Channel & Military Channel.

Oh and whatever my grandson deems a necessity
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                              X