Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Browsersync

Noiiice.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

So when do you think Google will actually acquire Firefox and make a run at IE?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

It's not exactly possible to "acquire" Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
        So when do you think Google will actually acquire Firefox and make a run at IE?
        Google already employs lots of Firefox's main developers (including Ben Goodger, the "father" of Firefox).

Anyway, screenshots.
        Attached Files
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

And the indicator.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            It's not exactly possible to "acquire" Firefox.
            Oh.

Anyway, I would have though that if Google were going to take on Microsoft, a browser would be the place to start. I'm surprised they'er messing with spreadsheets (per another thread), since Excel is probably the best-designed of all major Microsoft products.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Clarification: Firefox is open source, and has lots of different people who contributed to it. It'd probably be impossible to get all their consent to relicense it under a different license. Of course, Google could fork Firefox, but that would probably have a lot of bad repercussions rather than help them. Their best bet is to just support the Firefox project with advertising, developers and money.

Comment

...send ad-men, guns and money....
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Doesn't seem very useful, at least not for me, since the other secondary computers I would have to use, say at college, primarily run Internet Explorer exclusively.

Comment

For people with both a laptop and a desktop, it's a wonder.
                    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Now if only they could solve Firefox' Mac problems... Camino is great, but it just doesn't have the awesome extensions and it lacks the development oomph to integrate some badly needed features.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

The Firefox Mac problem was fixed. You can boot into Windows XP on new Macs.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          The Firefox Mac problem was fixed. You can boot into Windows XP on new Macs.
                          Oh so clever. But then the Firefox for Mac problem is simply replaced by the OMG why the **** do people allow themselves to put up with this ****ty OS problem.

Comment

The ****ty OS problem was fixed. You can boot into Windows XP on new Macs.

Comment

Oh so clever, but I'd rather not boot into an OS so shoddy that Steve Ballmer and Co. can't even fix.

EDIT: And of course, I refer to the recent case involving Ballmer and Windows XP, not their inability to launch Windows Vista, despite being delayed for half a decade and stripped of any meaningful improvements.

Comment

Working...
                              X