The Antichrist Born in Bristol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Antichrist Born in Bristol

BORN AT 6AM ON 06/06/06, HIS MUM WAS INDUCED FOR 6 DAYS, HE WEIGHS 6LBS 6OZ AND HE'S CALLED.. DAMIEN
    By Richard Smith

HORROR film fan Suzanne Cooper yesterday named her baby Damien after the devil child in the The Omen, who was also born on June 6.

Suzanne went one better than the movie by hitting the full Number of the Beast with the date - 6/6/06.

Special needs teacher Suzanne, 36, was also induced for six days before Damien arrived at 6.59am, tipping the scales at a spine-chilling 6lb 6oz.

She said: "We are overjoyed about the baby. The Omen is one of our favourite films and that's why I was keeping my legs crossed for a birth on the 6th.

"It does seem a bit weird I suppose, but he's a perfect baby - nothing at all like Damien in The Omen."

Dad Michael rushed Suzanne to hospital in Bristol last Wednesday afternoon after she began suffering back pains.

The baby was due on Saturday and doctors decided to induce her straight away, but little Damien refused to arrive until yesterday.

Suzanne went into labour in the early hours and Damien was born shortly after 6am. Electrical engineer Mike said: "It was a devil of a birth - a bit of a horror show. Once she went into labour it was straightforward, but six days in hospital is a long time to wait.

"Suzanne and I love watching horror films and we were both keeping our fingers crossed that he would be born yesterday.

"It took a fair bit of persuasion for Suzanne to let us call him Damien but it seems fitting considering the date."

The baby also arrived on the day the remake of the 1976 film The Omen was released in the cinemas.

A spokesman at Bristol's Southmead Hospital said: "We would all like to say congratulations on the birth of their new baby.

"We're very pleased that all went smoothly with the birth and we are happy to have been involved."
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

"Mommy, why was I named Damien?"

"Because we thought it would be fun to name you after the anti-christ, destroyer of life."

"...oh.....................I hate you Mommy."

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

That's why I was keeping my legs crossed....

Doesn't sound like something a mother should do while giving birth.

Comment

the funny thing is he'll probably turn out to be a religious freak preacher or something.

Comment

Our Lord and Saviour has arrived at last
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Poor kid.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

"Because we thought it would be fun to name you after the anti-christ, destroyer of life."

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

Now where's my tricycle?
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    Poor kid.

-Arrian
                    C'mon this is great man!

"An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

There must be some mistake the anti-Christ was already born....I work for him.

Comment

And his mother is even 6 times 6 years old.
                        Too much signs which shouldn´t be disregarded.

Must either destroy him or worship him.
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

At the same time, thousands of christians were praying in churches because of the 06-06-06 date.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

First, it's 06-06-2006.

Also, June was the fourth month at the time the apocalypse was written, so better worry about 6th of August.
                            Also, I'd rather wait for the 6th August 6666 to worry...
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Hey, the number of the beast is actually sixhundredsixtysix - not sixsixsix.

I don't see the number 666 in the 6th of june 2006. That's just a poor miscalculation.

But I think that woman has got some balls.
                              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X