Wierd keyboard bug under WinXP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd keyboard bug under WinXP.

OK We have copmputer with Win XP pro SP2. The only user account is system administrator. Guest login is allowed. When one logs in as admin the keyboard does nto work at all. When one logs in as guest keyboard is OK. Also keyboard works in user login menu after Windows startup or logout. Reinstalling driver does not help. What can cause the problem and how can I fix it??
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Throw boiling water over your keyboard.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The computer obviously doesn't want any stupid IT person to mess with it. Name it HAL and carry on.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

The machine: it hate you.
        What?

Comment

Please offtop less. Do you have any solutions (except Windows reinstall)?
          money sqrt evil;

Comment

Linux install .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Right, because linux never has hardware problems.

Comment

Never.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yeah, you came to JUST the right place for help, didn't you?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

- Check your language settings (Regional and Language Settings) for the admin account - make sure keyboard layout is U.S., remove any that you aren't using

- try a different keyboard if you have one you never know

- are you using a keyboard utility for extra buttons (eg the program that installs off a microsoft/logitech/etc keyboard install cd) - try uninstalling any of these, reboot and then it might work

- is it a ps2 or usb keyboard? if it's usb you probably should also check those drivers...

- get used to using the onscreen keyboard

Comment

Oh. I guess that it's very rare and exotic bug that requires uninstalling OS.
                      money sqrt evil;

Comment

Check your hardware devices and see if it's there and working properly. I think you can do it by rt-clicking My Computer then Properties. Then check the Hardware tab.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

All your advices were tested long ago. Do you have any non trivial ones?

It is standard PS/2. I checked it in hardware manager, manager says that it is conected and works properly, but it works properly only with guest login. Removing extra languages does not help, nor reinstalling drivers.
                          money sqrt evil;

Comment

Check if you have any of those accessibility things on. They are turned on for example if you press shift for too long, which can happen accidentally.

Comment

Working...
                            X