What is asperger's anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is asperger's anyway

I've only heard of it once before. Wikipedia agrees with my first guess that it's "autism lite" but I had no idea it was common enough for even anyone on Apolyton to have it.

Reading the article now but it always helps to have a guy who has it, to speak up.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Lots of people here have it. Lots of people in computer science have it, also.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Estimates of its prevalence in the general population range from 0.2% to 0.71%, but it appears every damn garden-variety geek in the world likes to say he has it to feel special, and for the comfort of thinking his social lackings are somehow hard-wired and inevitable.
      Last edited by Darius871; June 5, 2006, 20:08.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

A life long friend of mine (probably) has Asperger's Syndrome.

My brothers and I have been his friends forever, yet he still doesn't know when we're being sarcastic. He's studied human anatomy intensely and can tell you exactly how to kill a person with anything. He's incredibly anal about the proper use of language and he reads almost constantly. He regularly recites exact quotes from books (and movies and television shows, etc...) he hasn't touched in years.

He's never been on a date. His only sex has been accidental. He believes that most of the people he's ever known in his life have betrayed him. He can't keep a job for more than a year because he goes crazy from having to be in such close contact with normal people for too long.

He will never be able to live a normal life, never be able to interact in the proper manner with the people around him, but he has a mind that can accomplish amazing things.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

How does accidental sex work?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Either slipping on a banana peel or getting hammered I suppose.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
              How does accidental sex work?
              In one instance alcohol. In another, being in the right place at the right time with an extremely horny woman.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Aspergers is the GAY PLAGUE.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Is he cute?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Big Ass Burger

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Is he cute?
                      "Rugged"

Comment

Comment

And straight.

Comment

No biggie.

Comment

What?

Comment

Working...
                              X