You try and deny Darwinism now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You try and deny Darwinism now...

A new generation completely equiped to cyber is starting to populate the earth as we speak.
    You've got to hand it to mother nature, she always comes true with some kind of a solution...

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Poor parents.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Why are they planning to remove it? I think they should train it, using the same methods they use for accident victims, who need to learn how to walk again and such. It's a gift, dammit! 10-digit typing and mouse use at the same time...
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

He's a mutant! And they want to cure him!

Where is Magneto when you need him?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

According to the article, the two left arms are not fully functional, the baby only has one kidney and may have spine problems too. So, in the natural world, the baby would probably not survive long enough to pass this trait on to its progeny, if this something that could be passed on genetically. So, this example is an evolutionary dead end.

So, darwinism "produced" a deformed child which survival of the fittest would eliminate. Remind me again what is so great about darwinism?
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

When was Darwinism held up to be "great"?

Although good work on the sense of humor amputation. Seems like you got all of it.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
              According to the article, the two left arms are not fully functional, the baby only has one kidney and may have spine problems too. So, in the natural world, the baby would probably not survive long enough to pass this trait on to its progeny, if this something that could be passed on genetically. So, this example is an evolutionary dead end.

So, darwinism "produced" a deformed child which survival of the fittest would eliminate. Remind me again what is so great about darwinism?
              Darwinism is as great as gravity.
              It's the way things work.

Comment

So, God "produced" a deformed child which survival of the fittest would eliminate. Remind me again what is so great about God?
                Fixed
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

Fixed
                  That is not what I said!
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Your critique of darwinism is just as valid when used as a critique of God. I'd argue that it's even more valid when used as a critique of God, considering that nobody worships darwinism, nor is anybody claiming that darwinism is capable of conscious/moral thought/action.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That is not what God said!
                      Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                        Your critique of darwinism is just as valid when used as a critique of God. I'd argue that it's even more valid when used as a critique of God, considering that nobody worships darwinism, nor is anybody claiming that darwinism is capable of conscious/moral thought/action.

The theory of evolution is not prescriptive; it describes life and the natural world but I fail to see how whether or not it's "[morally] great" has anything to do with its validity?

Furthermore, "Darwinism" didn't create this child, it merely demonstrates that it would be less likely to pass on its genes. There are genetic abnormalities all the time; that is a degree of randomness that cannot be attributed to the theory of evolution. Evolution is a logical, deterministic concept, contrary to creationist strawmen, comparatively little of the theory relies upon random chance.
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Diplo making himself look like a moron again.

Saltationism has been dead for over 60 years, very few massive mutations are viable, most viable mutations are small.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                            Diplo making himself look like a moron again.

Saltationism has been dead for over 60 years, very few massive mutations are viable, most viable mutations are small.
                            My bet would be that it's of idiopathic but non genetic etiology like conjoined twinning.

But in the unlikely event it has a genetic basis it is probably a gross chromosomal translocation or other chromosomal abnormality of some kind rather than a classic mutation.

Comment

Everyone knows that the next stage of human development is to transcend our bodies. Most likely by downloading ourselves onto the internet or the like.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X