No announcement yet.

Woman hit by lightening while praying - in her kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you Christ-bashers seem to be ignoring the fact that the lady's prayer was answered. Her family made it home safe and sound...

The power of prayer!
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Reminds me of a golf joke.
      What?

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

They are funny that way.

When somebody dies God calls her away. OTOH if such a person recovers from an illness her friends' prayers worked, or something.

Can't do no wrong, yes?
          Kind of like the logic behind TCM. They are funny that way.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"Worried about the safety of her family during a stormy Memorial Day trip to the beach, Clara Jean Brown stood in her kitchen and prayed for their safe return as a strong thunderstorm rumbled through Baldwin County, Alabama."

1. well DID they return home safely? I mean DID THEY? She wasnt praying for own safety, was she?

2. And was her kitchen kosher? I mean was it? You think its a good idea to pray in a kitchen thats had pork prepared there? I mean even my mother in law, who has about as perfectly kosher a kitchen as there could be, goes to the living room to pray.

3. When did she pray, and when did the lightning begin to form. Theres a famous section in the talmud, I think, where it says if you pray for a child to be a boy, you have to do it before the time (as they thought) when gender is determined. You can pray for a miracle, but you CANT pray for time to be reversed - you cant pray that what already happened hasnt happened (I suppose you could pray for a lightning rod to appear, rather than for the lighting not to happen - but i doubt she thought of that)

4. Speaking of which why DIDNT she have a lightning rod? G-d doesnt like it when people dont exercise prudence, and count on a miracle. Very bad form.

Have fun
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yes, I was about to point out that after all her prayer was answered.

I might also point out that lightening rods don't work. They attract lightening which can spill over and destroy the structure meant to be protected.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
              X