Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick question about the Belgariad (or the Malloreon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question about the Belgariad (or the Malloreon)

Somewhere in either of these series there's this scene where a bunch of guys use this Sword of Some Kind Of Magical Power, which has the property that when you use it, it shoots up this bigass lightning that gives off your location to everyone within a ridiculous radius. They "hide" this by filling the entire sky with lightning so that while everyone will know what happened, nobody will know *where* it happened.

Now my problem is... it's been a while since I read the Belgariad (I never finished reading the Malloreon, I think it was the second book that bored me too much to continue reading), and I'm not going to slog through the entire series again just to find a single scene that happens to interest me now. Does anyone remember which of the books this happens in? What chapter/page? If at all possible, it would be nice to have a quote from this part of the book, too.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

I've read all of the books and I don't remember this. Reminds me of some of the stuff in the Wheel of Time series.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Belgariad was great, but I have no recollection of that event.

Maybe someone here could help more.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
      X