No announcement yet.

Prehistoric ecosystem found in Israeli cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did an experiment a while back in the US desert where they created something similar, with humans and farmanimals inside, if I recall correctly they lasted quite a while before they ran out of air.

I dont think this quite a while is anything close to millions of years.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Immortalized as a mind-blastingly awful movie starring ..ugh...Pauly Shore...it was called 'Biosphere II' and unfortunately the main idea, to test if we could create a sealed 'colony' for use in extreme envirnonments was flawed when no one thought of the fact that concrete is not a perfect barrier...it absorbed oxygen.

Of course there are no 'perfect' sealed environments, except maybe the universe itself.
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Are these crustaceans kosher?

I presume they have to be in a list somewhere inside the Torah to be kosher?

They also pose another theologocal problem: if God has placed them far from Adam's reach, is there a reason he did so? Perhaps they were there just in case God decided to wipe out everything on the surface and start the project all over.

(Btw, I hope that you realise I'm not a religious freak, I'm just kidding)
        "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
        George Orwell

Comment

So in this sealed caves... where is the energy source? Is it some kind of chemical reaction?

Comment

Working...
          X