Aaannnnnddd Spider-Man3 is officially gonna suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn00py

Well, I don't know who he is, but he must never have heard of Batman 1; and didn't X-Men come out before Spiderman 2?

I'm sorry, but your friend got bribed or drugged.
    He had mixed feelings about Batman 1. He saw that Burton was trying to take a noir approach with the movie but couldn't pull it off because at his core Batman is a hero, thus anti-noir. The result was that Batman's personality was removed and we were supposed to guess at his inner turmoil by a flashback of his parents being killed. In Batman 2, he was nearly written out altogether to put the focus on the villians.

Batman Begins is the best of the series. It's really about Batman and how and why he does what he does. Plus, it has a well-written story that consistently follows its themes which is rare in these kinds of movies. However, it still lacks what Spiderman has. Batman is not a character people can easily relate to. As Bruce Wayne, he a wealthy elite. As Batman, he's deliberately nonhuman.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sn00py doesn't know Roger Ebert?

Our cultural imperialism must not be working as well as we thought. I thought everyone knew Ebert!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Batman begins was much better that batman I
        Spidey II was probably the best one of the entire genre.
        Molina was great in the role. (except for his last few minutes)
        and at snoop for never having heard of Ebert.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I prefer Batman II
          I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            The entire movie was about a very compeling story about the hardships a superhero has to go through and how it weighs down his personal life. The pressure has to be immense to give it up and just be a normal guy.

But you never see that in Superman or Batman
            Except Superman 2...
            Unbelievable!

Comment

I'd give a slight nod to Batman Begins over Spiderman 2 for best comic-based movie. Probably because it was darker and a little less cartoony.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                But as I said... Molina sucked. Why him? He's the type of guy you cast as a lab technician... a supporting sidekick type guy... at best... not a main villian in a movie. He didnt' play the role well. It was annoying to have to watch him play a role above his talents. I think he actually played a perp in a Law and Order. That's the type of role he's suited for.

Are you serious?

Is he serious?
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

No... he's high...
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                  X