Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it morally justifiable to assassinate Tony Blair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it morally justifiable to assassinate Tony Blair?

The Respect MP George Galloway has said it would be morally justified for a suicide bomber to murder Tony Blair.

In an interview with GQ magazine, the reporter asked him: "Would the assassination of, say, Tony Blair by a suicide bomber - if there were no other casualties - be justified as revenge for the war on Iraq?"

Mr Galloway replied: "Yes, it would be morally justified. I am not calling for it - but if it happened it would be of a wholly different moral order to the events of 7/7. It would be entirely logical and explicable. And morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq - as Blair did."

What say you?
    Galloway is exactly right, as usual.
    28.07%
    It's justifiable, but Galloway is a **** for saying so.
    24.56%
    It's not justifiable, but Galloway shouldn't be judged for saying it is.
    7.02%
    Galloway is completely wrong, as usual.
    33.33%
    Let's just ship Blair and Galloway off to some banana republic...
    7.02%
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

You have a subscription to the Independent?

I can't read past the first paragraph.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

He's exactly right.

Now let's get some babe pics in here.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with his statement.

Save for one thing:
        And morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq - as Blair did

There's no moral equivalence here. Murdering a warmonger is much more moral than ordering the death of countless innocents.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

You have a subscription to the Independent?

No. I got the quote off a blog, but threw up a link to the original story in case anyone was concerned about its authenticity.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

All this shows is what lunatic extremists the left truly are. The poll question is wrong. The question should be related to what the Brits should do about the lunatic Galloway.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
              All this shows is what lunatic extremists the left truly are. The poll question is wrong. The question should be related to what the Brits should do about the lunatic Galloway.

So when do you get sucked back into your Nediverse for weeks at a time again, Ned?
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

As to the statement:
                It was a stupid question, and intentionally loaded for the sole purpose of getting Galloway to stick his foot - once again - into his ample mouth. And anyone getting sucked in by it is stupid too.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

So when do you get sucked back into your Nediverse for weeks at a time again, Ned?
                  Since in the very next post you seem to agree with me, where does this nonsense come from?
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                    Since in the very next post you seem to agree with me, where does this nonsense come from?
                    Gee, I wonder...

Originally posted by Ned
                    All this shows is what lunatic extremists the left truly are.

Comment

What's with the distaste for Ned in the OT? I only started posting after he disapeared, but from what i've sene of him lately, he seems completely respectable, which is more than some others are.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

You have much to learn, young padawan...

Comment

A bomb? Depends on your viewpoint. A terrorist would say Yes.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What's with the distaste for Ned in the OT?

Ned's a very right-leaning poster on a very left-leaning board. That explains most of it.
                            Last edited by Drake Tungsten; May 29, 2006, 08:30.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Gee, I wonder...
                              Well, I consider Galloway a leftist. Certainly Blair is not in the same category.

Extremists are extremists. What they advocate most sane people would consider lunacy. Galloway is an extremist.

Comment

Working...
                              X