Hypothetical situation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical situation!

This poll is about a hypothetical situation. Let's say you were talking to someone and they said they don't believe in human rights. And then they went on to say they don't believe torture should be banned.

This person doesn't believe the government should dictate HIS morals... or really, any morals at all... because if the government dictates some morals, it might have to dictate all morals. And if the government bans some bad things like say, murder and torture (and maybe the genocide of a race of people), then it will be forcing morality down our throats! And that's just bad. The government can't be forcing morality down our throats.

What an amazing brand of logical thinking this is, folks.

Let's also say that this person acknowledges, though in weak terms, that the Holocaust was morally wrong. But this person is also ambiguous of whether or not Germany had a legal right to do what they did.

Knowing all this... HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING...

Would you want to punch this fictional person in the face?
    Ves!
    29.17%
    No!
    45.83%
    :ana:
    25.00%
    To us, it is the BEAST.

What are you talking about Ben?
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

No. They have the right to be a dumbass.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

No. They have the right to be a dumbass.
        well, I didn't say they don't have a right to be a dumbass

but sometimes, it's okay to want to punch someone, even if they are doing something that is "their right"

for instance, I support the right for the Nazis to march down any street in America... however, after their march, when they go home, I'll be right there ready to punch them in the balls
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, but I might punch him in the face for his grammar errors. HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

No, violence is wrong. Though if it weren't, I would suggest that he is a prime target for it.
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Eh, smacking the guy won't change his mind. And if it did, it wouldn't be worth the effort to do it. The next guy who beat the fool would just change his opinion to something else. Plus people tend to hit back when hit. So no.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Have you considered to get some new friends ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No.

Comment

Hey, no reason to expose your DL's that easy Sava.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Look cat-lady, I was replying to the Original Post. You are not that important, although you are one of the few girls here

Comment

Oh, sorry Sava. Wasn't aware that you were arguing with yourself.

Btw. Are you using a A or B ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Hey Dane... can't sleep because invading Iraq is giving you nightmares?

Comment

Sava, I don't mind that you have a DL where you vent your more inane views, but please, do it in a little more intelligent way.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Q: what is awake at 4:30AM and trying to annoy me from Denmark?
                              A: BlackCat

Comment

Working...
                              X