No announcement yet.

Have A Safe Memorial Day Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big holiday there, is it? No one knows the date?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

October?

Uhh, I thought it was November 11th, a.k.a. the anniversary of the cease-fire of World War 1.
      Veterans Day --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veterans Day is celebrated on November 11 in honor of those who have served in the armed forces of the United States. It is a legal federal holiday.

The observation was originally designated in 1919 by President Woodrow Wilson as Armistice Day. Wilson selected November 11 because the Armistice ending World War I had been signed on this date in 1918. Wilson wanted to make sure that Americans did not forget the tragedies of the war. In 1938, Congress passed legislation which designated Armistice Day as a federal holiday. The name was changed to Veterans Day in 1954 so that all veterans would be honored. For a brief period (1971-1977), the holiday was celebrated on the fourth Monday in October.

Memorial Day The first documented observance of Memorial Day occurred in Waterloo, New York on May 5, 1866. The purpose of the day was to honor those who fought in the Civil War. The day has now expanded to honor those who died during each of the wars in which the United States fought. Typical activities include placing flowers on the graves of soldiers and many communities have parades as tributes to the soldiers who died.

Hope this helps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

And Gramps nailed it, not surprisingly. Memorial Day is for the some that gave all.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

So, Dukey is living in the 70's?
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
            So, Dukey is living in the 70's?

Not sure who Dukey is but yes, IN THE 1970's ,IN THE 1960's & IN THE 1950's in fact my picture was taken at Fort McLellan Alabama Fall of 1977 while at I believe USAMPS,TC & FM, TRADOC

Peace

Gramps

Comment

I found interesting. I'd never thought to look before.

Comment

Comment

If you are able
                  save for them a place inside of you,
                  and save one backward glance when you are leaving
                  for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them,
                  though you may or may not have always.

Take what they have taught you with their dying
                  and keep it with you always.

And in that time when men decide
                  and feel safe to call the war insane,
                  take one moment to embrace
                  these gentle Heroes we've left behind.

Major Michael O'Donnell
                  KIA March 24, 1970
                  Dak To Vietnam
                  Attached Files
                  Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

Working...
                  X