Memorial Day weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day weekend.

In the US this weekend is the Memorial Day Holiday which kicks off the summer vacation season so I figured I check in to see if anyone is doing anything special this weekend. I spent the last week in San Francisco on business so tonight will be spent doing laundry and packing for a camping trip to Sequoia & King's Canyon National Park. This weekend will be spent camping, hiking, and white water rafting in the high Sierras.

anyone else have any Memorial Day plans?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I'm going to spend the weekend pondering my status as an infidel... which is better than the poor Cuban hamster which will be pondering his situation... in Fidel

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Taking advantage of sales at the Outlets (need some new jeans and maybe some khakis) on Saturday. Watching XMen 3 on Sunday and going out to a bar and doing some trivia. Going to a BBQ on Monday.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I want to do a BBQ while camping too. The problem is I'm going with my Indian friends who are mostly vegitarians. Only my Sikh friend and I eat meat so it wouldn't be much of a BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          going out to a bar
          infidel or in Fidel?

YOU DECIDE

maybe that can be a new game show on Al Jazeera... if the person is an infidel, they cut his head off, if not an infidel, they just shove him up Fidel Castro's ass

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Are you going to be "in fidel" this weekend? If not then please don't post about him in my thread.

Comment

well, I'll post from him just so you guys know I didn't get my head chopped off

but I'll leave out the details

though, if I find any info about the JFK assination, I'll have to share it
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I thought the microfilm of the JFK assasination was stored in the leg of a church pue at a church in Simi Valley, CA. That's what I saw in the movie "The Rock".

Comment

Mrs. Firefly and I spent the morning helping to decorate (with US and Philippine flags) the graves of 17,000 US servicemen buried in Manila, in the US's largest overseas cemetary (yes, including Normandy).

It was great to give something back, great to honor the memories of Mrs. Firefly's grandfather (who helped liberate Paris in WWII) and my dad and uncle (Korean war vets), and as a bonus I got to recall that my grandmother never did stop calling the holiday by its original name -- Decoration Day.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

That sounds like a really cool way to spend memorial day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                        Mrs. Firefly and I spent the morning helping to decorate (with US and Philippine flags) the graves of 17,000 US servicemen buried in Manila, in the US's largest overseas cemetary (yes, including Normandy).

It was great to give something back, great to honor the memories of Mrs. Firefly's grandfather (who helped liberate Paris in WWII) and my dad and uncle (Korean war vets), and as a bonus I got to recall that my grandmother never did stop calling the holiday by its original name -- Decoration Day.
                        Doing something Honorable

Honoring Veterans whom died for their countries call

War and all the pain and attrocities associated with it
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Went to the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday. Without a doubt, the most overrated event I've ever been to. Couldn't see more than one turn from our seats and its was woosh woosh woosh for a couple hours, minus the frequent caution laps

Comment

I'm going to put on my blouse and drive around in a powder blue van picking up strangers for money.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                            X