X-Men 3 Fricken Rocked!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men 3 Fricken Rocked!!

Its now a quarter after 2 am on Friday morning, I just got back from the theater.

I was very, very impressed. If you've seen the first two, then DEFINITELY go see this (multiple times). It was an awesome film that really wraps up the trilogy. While the first two were great movies, they never had that "epic" quality to them. This one however definitely seemed to have it.

====Spoilers!!!==== (minor ones)

I'll avoid spoilers, but I'll drop some hints, heh. First of all Snakes on a Plane was the first trailer for the movie. That got a big fan reaction. They are really capitalizing on the hype with the trailer and its really paying off. I love it.

Which actually relates to something in X-Men believe it or not. Everyone made a big deal (rightfully so) about how fan reaction has caused the creators of Snakes on a Plane to edit the movie to incorporate fan-created Internet ideas and lines. So has X-Men! In the movie, Juggernaut delivers a line created by an Internet meme. In this video folks dubbed over an X-Men cartoon with the line "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!" I don't know the origin of it, but the video is pretty funny (then it gets old, but still funny at first). Well the movie used the line! The theater (all young and 'in the know') went wild with that line. It was ****ing brilliant.

And while I won't give away any major spoilers (yet) I will say that unlike many big budget Hollywood movies where I always leave the theater thinking "boy they set that up for another sequel" this one definitely didn't. Its done, its over, no more X-Men movies (except prequels) after this. They made some BIG changes in this movie. Again adding to the epicness of this movie.

But yea, there was some definite eye candy, an epic feel to it, a really good story, and a couple great lines. I'm the Juggernaut *****!

Go see it!
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

I bet you like Da Vinci Code, too.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

"Im the juggernaut, *****" is a ripoff of "im rick james *****". youre a child, entertained by childish things.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

Bah, X Men 2 was highly entertaining. It was very nice to see at least a little moral ambiguity in a Comic Book/Action movie. It made me happy.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

What movie do you like?
              be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

What movie do you like?
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                    Bah, X Men 2 was highly entertaining. It was very nice to see at least a little moral ambiguity in a Comic Book/Action movie. It made me happy.
                    This is about X3. It's been panned by a lot of critics and viewers for getting AWAY from the character development and moral ambiguities of the rest of the series and basically turning it into more or less a straight action movie.

It's because Singer decided to do Superman Returns instead, leaving Ratner to direct. And Ratner is NO Singer.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                      "Im the juggernaut, *****" is a ripoff of "im rick james *****". youre a child, entertained by childish things.
                      **** you *******.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800157/
                          B♭3

Comment

I'll still go see X3, but I'm expecting it to be less grand than X2.

Also, just because they incorporate ideas from the internet doesn't make them good. For instance, the inclusion of goatse could really bring down a movie quite easily.
                            B♭3

Comment

Such snobs in this forum.

A translated review posted in another forum:
                              i tried to translate the most important parts (talking about the new characters is missing). The only complaint i omited was the wire-work (the flying is never believable). All the other effects get thumbs up.
                              5 Stars

Many previewed the Apocalypse when filmmaker Brett Ratner was announced as substitute for director Bryan Singer in the command off the franchise X-men, fearing that the responsible for bull****s like Rush Hour was going to destruct a very promising series. Why, Ratner may not be the most talented of the directors (and he sure is not) but he is far away from being a fake like Paul W. S. Anderson, Rob Zombie, Jan de Bont – and even if he failed in Rush Hour, he did good jobs on A Family Man and Rush Hour 2, films that work in their respective genres. But the most important: as he proved in the sub estimated Red Dragon (infinitely superior to its original), he can respect the logic of series started by other filmmakers, not feeling the megalomaniac need to give his own mark in projects that might get hurt by such an attitude. Thus, X-men-The Last Stand follows closely the well succeeded line of the predecessors, using the mutant saga not only as excuses to action scenes, but also to establish an intelligent allegory about the society in which we live.

Written by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg, the screenplay is smart to work with two distinct storylines that, developed collaterally, meet in the intelligent climax of the story, revealing a caution worked structure: on a place, the resurrection of Jean Grey, who comes modified, showing a new and unpredictable personality (christened of Phoenix). On the other, we follow the crescent worry of Professor Xavier’s students and friends in front of the word that the North-American government developed a cure to the mutant gene through the powers of a boy kept in hug safe (Cameron Bright, in a role surprisingly similar to the one he had in the awful Ultraviolet). While Wolverine and Storm try to deal with the Phoenix’s acts, Magneto and his Brotherhood decide to declare war to humans – and convince Phoenix to take a part in this battle is a fundamental part of him.

Containing dome of the most dramatic moments of the trilogy (and certainly the most tragic ones), X3 is a movie that shows itself courageous to break our expectative about the destiny of each character, worrying only in being coherent to the ways taken by the story. Impact since the beginning, the film brings back the discussion about prejudice when it shows, in the first minutes, a boy who desperately tries to finish his signs of mutation. And when he is finally caught by his father, the reaction from this not eveen approximates comprehension or even pity: “Not You!” the man mourns, with a mix of pain and repulse. By this, the series once again establishes an obvious parallel between mutants and any integrants o minorities in the real world, which is, as I said before, the most fascinating side of the franchise.

Not only: as any good example of a sci-fi movie, X3 dives in the logic of its own universe, proposing, if not developing, ethical and philosophical discussions from the possibilities off the mutation concept: would it be correct, for example, to transfer the mind of someone who is almost dying to the body of someone intellectually unable? Even if questions like these have no input in our world (at least not now), the Philosophy itself developed from possibilities that, many times, were strictly hypothetical, even absurd – and it’s our capacity to think of problems like these that makes us able to deal with more down-to-earth questions. Besides, when mutants like Rogue feel tempted by the possibility of a cure, we are led to considerate the need that everyone feels to be accepted by our fellows. The question is: what is the limit of getting free from our uniqueness to make ourselves acceptable? What is the plague of “Politically correct” if not a try – maybe damaging in a long –term - to force us to ignore the natural differences between subjects?

Finishing practically every dramatic arc from the previous movies, X3 is the corroboration that Fox, in fact, developed a franchise, and not a simple series with independent episodes, and the continuity of the story throughout the three movies deserves ovation. The best of all is, even letting the public going out of the cinemas with a satisfactory sensation of finish, the movie points, in a subtle way, the possibilities of new adventures involving those characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X