Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People don't you understand, try to lend a helping hand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People don't you understand, try to lend a helping hand...

No point in helping those who refuse to help themselves. If you do they'll never try. That's why I'm against government handouts. Too indescriminate. However, does it have to be that way? I think yes, the government is too big to adjust policy on an individual level, right?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Throw all the poor into the bay.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Soylent green forevah !!!
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: People don't you understand, try to lend a helping hand...

Originally posted by Lancer
          No point in helping those who refuse to help themselves. If you do they'll never try.
          Agreed. American is a land of opportunity....which means people should have the opportunity to succeed but can be dragged to "success" or even to subsistence.

That's why I'm against government handouts. Too indescriminate. However, does it have to be that way? I think yes, the government is too big to adjust policy on an individual level, right?
          What are you talking about? Are you forgetting about the welfare-to-workfare reformantion under Clinton? There is an upper limit is placed upon payments (IIRC 2 years) and recipients have to work for it.

Comment

"What are you talking about? Are you forgetting about the welfare-to-workfare reformantion under Clinton? There is an upper limit is placed upon payments (IIRC 2 years) and recipients have to work for it."

That's heartening. Has anyone done a success rate survey? Do the folks take their two years of handouts, buy drugs with it and then get cut off, or do they try to turn it into a future? A money making career or business...

ie: meth lab or pushing...joking!
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The Topic sounds Joni Mitchell influenced.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
              X