No announcement yet.

"Lost" finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Eko's and Locke's* characters, so I've bought into the proposition that the hatch did not in fact explode. The bright blinding light and the flying door of the hatch were actually caused by the magnetic phenomenon being reversed and shutting down when "terminated". This is probably Hollywood physics at its worst, but it's Lost, so why not.

This would mean that Eko may still be alive, but pretty badly injured. I wonder if the Island's ability to magically heal (which is already in the realm of hand-waving anyway) will vanish with the magnetic phenomenon...

* The hatches have been screwing around with Locke's Obi-Wan vibe, but hopefully it'll be gone now.
    Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 28, 2006, 10:52.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Weird to get all this Desmond backstory. Guess he'll be a regular next year.

I'm pretty sure Desmond is dead...

As for the finale, WTF? And why did they have to cram all the plot development into the last few episodes? Couldn't they have spaced the revelations out a bit better so that the middle part of the season wasn't so boring?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

god damn drake, get ride of that schmuck smile shatner

Comment

Drake, what makes you think Desmond is dead?

Oh, and am I correct that the boat Elizabeth was given to Desmond by none other than Libby?

...and why does NO ONE on the island remember ANY of the MANY previous meetings with the other various cast members? That's really starting to annoy me.

Just remember -- the key to this whole thing is Michael's kid, Walt. He's definitely "special" -- perhaps in a pretty spooky way.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I've come to several possible conclusions as to what this whole thing is about:

1. The island doesn't really exist. It's all virtual reality and the ending will be a complete rip off of Red Dwarf's "Back to Reality."

2. The dog is the mastermind behind everything. Why he's doing this is hard to say. It's a dog afterall, who knows what he wants. But it's clear that he's evil. You can tell by his shifty eyes.

3. The end will reveal them all to be actors in a television series called "Lost." It's the only way to make anything we've seen so far plausible. I mean, they're on a Hawaian island, how can they be stranded? It's the same freakin' island Jurassic Park was film at.

4. Jin's backstory is a complete fabrication of reality made up by demons from another dimension. Jin really works for an evil law firm based in LA that is using the island as a test site for a human farm for vampires. Because everyone knows that vampires aren't affected by sunlight when exposed to a high enough EM field.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Drake, what makes you think Desmond is dead?

It seemed pretty clear that Desmond was sacrificing himself to try and save the others. This is Lost, so anything is possible, but the setup to Desmond turning the key leads me to believe that he's dead.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

...which would be weak, because he's actually an interesting character.

I think it unlikely, not for the reason above, but because apparently his ex-lover has been looking for him for three years. There's gotta be some sort of payoff for that bizarre final scene.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

because he's actually an interesting character.

So was Ana Lucia. And Libby, to a lesser extent...

I do agree that the fact that Penelope has been looking for him and has apparently found the island makes it more likely that he's still alive. OTOH, his final scene really made it seem like he was sacrificing himself to save everyone else, to me at least. I guess we'll see. I'll certainly be pleased if he is alive, as he's one of the better characters...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The ABC podcast makes it seem likely that Desmond will be back...

KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X