Al Gore, America's only hope ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cyclotron
    And your link is from what appears to be a high school.
    If that.. but I guess it goes to prove that only a high school intellect would agree with Sloww on this issue .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Going back to the OP article...

I'd hardly say Kerry's loss was by a "considerably larger margin", unless you speak only of electoral college votes. If that's the case, then yes. And of course, if that's the case, most people's votes don't matter one bit.
      B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
        Going back to the OP article...

I'd hardly say Kerry's loss was by a "considerably larger margin", unless you speak only of electoral college votes. If that's the case, then yes. And of course, if that's the case, most people's votes don't matter one bit.
        As long as you qualify that as presidential candidate votes then certainly yes most people's votes for a particular presidential candidate in the US don't count. This is not news. This also makes the fact the most people only seem to see fit to vote in presidential election years a bit sad and ironic.

Comment

• I have been out-pedanted by a pedant!

Oh, woe is me.
          B♭3

Comment

If the no-fly-zones were UN imposed, please point me to the resolution in which the UN imposed them.
            No resolution...it was the peace treaty ending the 1st Gulf War (not counting of course the Iran-Iraq War, which already had the name "Gulf War" but which we like to ignor because American wasn't a participant.)

Comment

• And the UN was never a signatory to the peace treaty.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

No resolution...it was the peace treaty ending the 1st Gulf War (not counting of course the Iran-Iraq War, which already had the name "Gulf War" but which we like to ignor because American wasn't a participant.)
                why not just call them gulf war I, gulf war II and gulf war III?

Comment

• Apparently, some do. I've always heard it as the "Iran-Iraq War." It seemed to involve the Persian Gulf itself a lot less than the American Gulf Wars. *shrug*
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• BTW: Gore said this morning on the Today Show that he had no intention of ever running for President again.

Comment

• Oh well, a man can dream. I sure wish he'd save us from Kerry.
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Bob Dole!

If he is still alive...

Originally posted by Sikander

When did she quit Concrete Blonde?
                        You're thinking of Johnette...
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Oh well, a man can dream. I sure wish he'd save us from Kerry.
                          How Kerry was chosen:

Dem Strategist No. 1: We lost the 2000 election because Al Gore had too much charisma.

Dem Strategist No. 2: Who can we find that won't distract the pubic from the issues with his electrifying personality the way Gore did?

Dem Stragegist No. 3: How about John Kerry?

Dem Strategists Nos. 1 & 2: That's it!!

Comment

• Actually, was there an actual declaration of war for the first Gulf War? Or was it more a Persian Gulf Conflict/Persian Gulf Police Action/Persian Gulf Peacekeeping Action?
                            B♭3

Comment

• I don't think we've declared war since Roosevelt.

Comment

• *shrug* Indeed, I see nothing wrong with calling the last war "third gulf war", and I know my contemporary history.

And yet, you guys keep confusing me with these no fly zones. It is perfectly clear who got through with them and imposed them, but that doesn't exclude they had an official UN backing.

If there was a peace treaty on the gulf war of 1991, it certainly wasn't signed between the US and Iraq, since the war itself wasn't officially fought between Iraq and the US but with a UNSC-legitimized, US-led coalition instead. So the "treaty", if there was any of that sort, would be with the UN instead, not with the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X