Al Gore, America's only hope ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyclotron
    I would trust Gore far more than the clueless hacks that are in power now. What, exactly, has Bush done right under pressure? 9/11? Katrina? To paraphrase an old Star Trek quote, "when the going gets tough, he crumbles."
    You have no idea just how much Bush's inattention to what was happening in New Orleans for several days has cost him support. He really screwed up there. Big time.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

9/11 may never have happened if Gore was in charge. Everyone knows that the Clinton WH placed a high priority on terrorism, and everyone knows that Bush basically did nothing until 9/11.

Jesus... the head terrorism guy was begging to be allowed to speak and no one took any notice of him.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

How does Gore beat Hilary? What does he say about her that would persuade Dems to vote for him? That she backed the WAR?

Iraq could be the big issue between Gore and Hilary.

Comment

Isn't US elections about domestic issues mostly? Where does Gore beat Hillary in domestic issues?

Comment

Dubbaya was actually incredibly effective at making the 2004 election about foreign, rather than domestic, issues. Maybe we'll stick with the trend.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Thanks, Verto.
              You are thanking him for making you look like a fool?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                Dubbaya was actually incredibly effective at making the 2004 election about foreign, rather than domestic, issues. Maybe we'll stick with the trend.
                And, despite his total ineptitude in that area, he still managed to win. Gah!

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

And, despite his total ineptitude in that area, he still managed to win. Gah!

-Arrian
                  Yes, I can't fathom it.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    You are thanking him for making you look like a fool?
                    He doesn't need any help with that. The assertion that the Iraq war hasn't created more terrorism/terrorists, along with the idea that the no-fly zones were UN imposed, or even that breaking them would have been a good reason for a full out invasion... Sloww, I thought so much better of you in our endless death penalty debates.
                    Lime roots and treachery!
                    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                      You have no idea just how much Bush's inattention to what was happening in New Orleans for several days has cost him support. He really screwed up there. Big time.
                      The issue won't seem to die either, especially with the new tapes that have come out. "We are fully prepared" my ass.
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Funny, of all the screwups I pin on Bush, N.O. is the least of them.

I figure the local & state officials share the blame at least equally with the Feds. At least.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• To be sure, there was plenty of blame to go around - and plenty for Bush, too.

Comment

• BACKGROUND: With Iraq's surrender to allied forces in February, 1991, the second phase of the Gulf Wars ended, and Iraq and the United Nations entered a less active period militarily defined by the continuation of economic sanctions, periodic allied bombings in retaliation for Iraqi violations of northern and southern "no-fly zones" (inside of which Iraq had been prohibited from carrying out military operations), and a game of cat and mouse Iraq played with U.N. arms inspectors whose mission it was to verify that Iraq had disarmed itself of weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, biological, and chemical). Iraq, then, effectively ceased to exist as a sovereign nation with its surrender in 1991.

I guess what it takes for some people is to find a passage from Aljazeera.
                            Sorry. I don't have the time nor the inclination.
                            Maybe Imran has a back copy he's saving for posterity.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If the no-fly-zones were UN imposed, please point me to the resolution in which the UN imposed them.

And your link is from what appears to be a high school. I'd even trust wikipedia over that. For goodness sakes, he calls the present war the "Third Gulf War."

Comment

• Even if the UN had imposed the no fly zones it still would have been absurd to escalate to all out war, invasion and occupation just because the no fly zone wasn't duly respected.

Continuation of the disproportionate but quite limited response policy would have worked fine.

They would paint one of our aircraft with radar and the US would respond by blowing up several Iraqi ground installations. It was hardly possible to claim iraq was getting away with anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X