Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

You wouldn't stay rich for long.
    Are you implying being poor is due to unwise decision making. Shame on you, being poor is all about da man, silly commie.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
      Hunter gatherer life was actually pretty sweet. Low population density kept rates of disease pretty low and there was usually enough food around that it didn't take more than 4 hours of work per day to stay fed. Shame about the occasional bouts of starvation and warfare that were needed to keep the population sufficiently low, but overall I think that life was OK right before farming kicked in then there were a few thousand years of peasantry. That sucked
      It would probably suck for most of us if we were transported back to that era.

For instance there was a serious lack of entertainment media. Hell you couldn't even read a book

Probably even worse, the lack of birth control combined with a high rate of infant mortality was probably a real continual downer too. Not fun being a parent who has to bury most of their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
        Are you implying being poor is due to unwise decision making.
        Nah, it was all about becoming poor.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
        X