Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed, wirless connectivity after sleep/hibernation

Hello all,

I started work last week and my boss decided to make me use my personal laptop to do some VB.NET and ASP.NET coding, using an SQL database. So In the past 2 weeks i've installed Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server Personal 2000, and Microsoft Visio (the office tool for flowcharting, of course).

Anyways, i've noticed that since all of this, whenever my laptop goes to sleep or anything like that, when I wake it up, despite everything I try, it can't get a connection to a network. It sees the network, tried to connect, and I get the "Limited or No Connection" type thing. I forget the specific words but if you've seen it, you know what I mean.

Anyways, i've tried googling for answers but most of what I get has to do with MacOS. Anyone know the issue?
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Have you tried disabling and then re-enabling your wireless connection?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes

Comment

that happens to my laptop

pretty much when my desktop with the wireless router and cable line goes to sleep AND then my laptop goes to sleep and wakes up I have no connection. However, if I wake up my desktop and access the internet my laptop is able to reconnect.

That's our fix. Yet if you don't have access to the wireless connect I would suggest turning your sleep mode off.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I was thinking of doing that Japher, but I didn't really want to.

Comment

Discover the innovative world of Apple and shop everything iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, and Apple TV, plus explore accessories, entertainment, and expert device support.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

oh for the love of asher
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Apple can run SQL?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                  Apple can run SQL?
                  A Mac can run anything a Windows based computer can, and more.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                    Apple can run SQL?
                    Not MS SQL, but other than that, probably. Maybe even Oracle.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      A Mac can run anything a Windows based computer can, and more.
                      Dual-booting is a pain in the ass. If anything, people are going to be spending more and more time in Windows because MacOS X doesn't run anything.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher, is my problem a common 1 with a nice solution?

Comment

Sounds like a driver or network program problem. Do you use any kind of network program to connect, rather than just Windows (eg, IBM Access Connections, etc)
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

On this subject, my laptop connects to my wireless as soon as I log in, then disconnects for a few seconds and reconnects. I know this because Trillian and GTalk manage to log in at the start, then lose the connection for a few seconds and have to sign in again.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Sounds like a driver or network program problem. Do you use any kind of network program to connect, rather than just Windows (eg, IBM Access Connections, etc)
                              Nope, just windows.

However I have a feeling it might have something to do with my SQL personal trying to connect to a remote SQL database that isn't always there. Could it be that?

Comment

Working...
                              X