Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing Moments

Just dodged a doozie today

The L.A. Bar Association gave its Outstanding Jurist Award of the Year Award. All kinds of bigwigs were there: the Presiding and Assistant Presiding Judges of L.A. Superior Court, several appellate court justices, a Supreme Court justice, scores of high-end attorneys and even ol' Lance Ito put in a video appearance (because he's in London). And of course ZKRIBBLER is there as well.

But....I've dropped 25 pounds in the last few months & so I had to scrounge through my closet to find a suit that wasn't too baggy. I came up with my $200 J.C. Penneys suit which has worn like armor over the 20 years I've had it. And it still looks darn good. Indeed, several judges commented on how great I looked.

So after the event is over, I come back to my office, take off my suit jacket, look down and see that a moth had put more holes into my crotch than Swiss cheese. Thank my guardian angel I was wearing my jacket the whole time.

"There's been a change in the menu to beans and franks."

you were the outstanding jourist? what kind of criteria goes into that?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Outstanding Jurist Award of the Year Award.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I was on a bus. When the bus hit a bump and shook around a bit, I lost my grip on the handrail and sat on a schoolgirl.

That happened in Form 3 and she was about my age.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Forget the Outstanding Jurist of the Year Award. I give the OP the Outstanding Smilies Usage Award.
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            you were the outstanding jourist?
            Not I I was just sitting at one of the tables eating chicken and clapping at the appropriate times.

Comment

Yeah, being the outstanding jourist would be really embaressing
              Monkey!!!

Comment

My most embarrassing moment was my 21st birthday. I have a twin sister, so when it came to speech time she basically said everything that needed to be said. When it was my turn to speak, I didn't want to repeat everything she had said, but no alternative came to my mind. I stood there infront of all my family and friends, utterly transfixed. I stood there like a rabbit in headlights desperately grasping in my mind for something to say. Nothing came.

Eventually my uncle said 'he's a man of few words' - everyone laughed, the spell was broken, and I slunk off in shame.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Wow! Are you identical twins?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

holes in the crotch could be useful. You don't have to unzip to take a piss.

And how could it be embarrassing when your jacket was covering it. sounds like a close call to me.

I could reveal my embarrassing moment, but then I'd just be embarrassed about it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      Wow! Are you identical twins?
                      Naw, his sister is a little shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        Yeah, being the outstanding jourist would be really embaressing
                        sometimes i misspell things and that is embarrasing
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It's not especially embarrassing, but....

I'm a diabetic and I had a hypo attack this afternoon when I woke up from a brief nap. Now normally I can tell that this is going to happen, and deal with it, but being asleep gave me no chance and so I rolled out of bed rather than taking the usual, more dignified route. I must have thrashed about on the floor for some time until I managed to make it to the kitchen and eat something, because when I looked at myself in the mirror later, I have carpet burns across my forehead and my nose, and a hugely swollen chin that makes me look like Vladimir Illyich Ulyanov.
                          Maybe I should grow a beard quickly for the complete look, and to cover the black bruise on my chin.
                          Hopefully I'll meet a nice woman with a thing for left-wing revolutionaries, although once the swelling goes down then she might not be so happy any more.

Comment

For reference, here's an old picture of duke o' york, before the carpet incident.

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                              It's not especially embarrassing, but....

I'm a diabetic and I had a hypo attack this afternoon when I woke up from a brief nap. Now normally I can tell that this is going to happen, and deal with it, but being asleep gave me no chance and so I rolled out of bed rather than taking the usual, more dignified route. I must have thrashed about on the floor for some time until I managed to make it to the kitchen and eat something, because when I looked at myself in the mirror later, I have carpet burns across my forehead and my nose, and a hugely swollen chin that makes me look like Vladimir Illyich Ulyanov.
                              Maybe I should grow a beard quickly for the complete look, and to cover the black bruise on my chin.
                              Hopefully I'll meet a nice woman with a thing for left-wing revolutionaries, although once the swelling goes down then she might not be so happy any more.
                              thats actually scary as hell

Comment

Working...
                              X