Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you embarrassed to be a homo sapiens sapiens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt realize DanS was a 'blood sucking parasite bent on ruining medicine' i.e. a lawyer!

As for the article, its a tempest in a teapot. Average mutation rates! What a crock! They compare their suspect results to other suspect results (carbon dating) and find a difference. Woo hoo pass out the champagne boys it's Nobel Prize material. Merde!
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

naw i think danS was just an expert witness
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

And thus the origin of the chav is explained
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

chav's are like 1 part american black ghetto, 1 part pikey ghetto, 1 part young teen males looking to fit in, 1 part buggery
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I still can't figure out what chavs are supposed to be. Some sort of subclass of euro-trash for the other euro-trash to look down on, as far as I can tell.

Anyway, which kind of modern chimp were these things ancestors of, the "sex is the answer to everything" bonobos or the vicious, dung-flinging main variety of Pan troglodytes (yes, I'm feeling insufferably clever for remembering the scientific name, albeit probably incorrectly)? Not that modern humans don't share traits of both...
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
              I still can't figure out what chavs are supposed to be. Some sort of subclass of euro-trash for the other euro-trash to look down on, as far as I can tell.

Anyway, which kind of modern chimp were these things ancestors of, the "sex is the answer to everything" bonobos or the vicious, dung-flinging main variety of Pan troglodytes (yes, I'm feeling insufferably clever for remembering the scientific name, albeit probably incorrectly)? Not that modern humans don't share traits of both...
              Well it's been explained numerous times, so you should have been able to figure it out by now...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's Rosbif trash.

The trash phenomenon in France is completely different, and my impression is that chavs are also completely irrelevant to German trash (those are the two Euro countries I know well, but I'd bet there is hardly any chav phenomenon outside the British isles)
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It doesn't seem to exist in Germany...
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Chav (pronunciation: /tʃæv/) (also Chavette (female chav), Charv or Charva) is a slang term in wide use throughout the United Kingdom since 2004. It refers to a subcultural stereotype of a person with fashions such as flashy "bling" jewellery, Burberry clothing items and counterfeit designer clothing; an uneducated and uncultured background; a tendency to congregate around places such as fast-food outlets, bus stops, or other shopping areas; and a culture of antisocial behaviour and violence. Chavs often listen to dance/trance, RnB, rap, and hip hop music. Response to the term has ranged from amusement to criticism that it is a new manifestation of classism.

Wike explains all.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I bet if "Chav's" read that, they would feel insulted and stupid.

This is the kind of stuff we should be teaching our kids at school!
                      be free

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                        I didnt realize DanS was a 'blood sucking parasite bent on ruining medicine' i.e. a lawyer!
                        I'm no lawyer! Rather, an analyst supporting lawyers.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

You really have to stop listening to Fox News. Their propaganda is warping your brain.

Comment

Both. Pan troglodytes (regular chimp) and Pan paniscus (bonobo) separated perhaps a couple million years ago; certainly later than the chimp-human divergence.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

As for the article, its a tempest in a teapot. Average mutation rates! What a crock! They compare their suspect results to other suspect results (carbon dating) and find a difference. Woo hoo pass out the champagne boys it's Nobel Prize material. Merde!
                              Carbon dating is never used to date anything remotely near the chimp-human divergence. Get a clue.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                                On Borneo, shaved orangutan females are apparently popular as a cheaper subsistute for prostitutes.
                                Ewww!!
                                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                                X