Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours a week do you play computer games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours a week do you play computer games?

I think I'm outgrowing computer games. I hate to think I'm growing up and becoming a mature person. But that may be the case. Who has time to play them anymore? Granted, if I didn't post here, I'd have plenty of time. But let's be realistic now.

for the sake of argument, we'll include console games as computer games. I could have made the poll option video games, but I didn't, so there.
    I don't play at all
    11.11%
    less than 1 hour
    2.22%
    1 to 2 hours
    11.11%
    3 to 5 hours
    13.33%
    5 to 7 hours
    2.22%
    7 to 9 hours
    4.44%
    9 to 11 hours
    2.22%
    11 to 13 hours
    4.44%
    13 to 15 hours
    0.00%
    15 to 20 hours
    4.44%
    20 to 25 hours
    8.89%
    25 to 30 hours
    8.89%
    30 to 40 hours
    6.67%
    40 to 50 hours
    2.22%
    50 to 75 hours
    2.22%
    75 to 100 hours
    2.22%
    100 to 125 hours
    4.44%
    125 to 150 hours
    4.44%
    vulgar banana option that I know Ming will change :)
    4.44%

5 at max... some Civ2 OCC spaceship at times, not much beyond that.

Comment

Dunno, maybe 5-10...maybe more. I have my laptop on a shelf on my headboard, and when I have trouble sleeping, I pull it down and play.

Mainly ancient games. Right now I'm whipping butt in Capitalism II. Before that it was Unreal and Tropico.

I just bought Port Royale II out of a close-out bin. I heard bad reviews, but it was cheap and I get to be a pirate.

Comment

Variable. Some weeks I'm busy, and I spend my spare time with friends or on 'Poly, so hardly any comptuer games.

Some weeks I just have nothing to do, and a game piques my interest, like Oblivion three weeks ago, or Civ4 this week. In this case, I spend about 30 hours a week, I guess.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Too much, but since I both play and post here, then there actually isn't any waste

@Zkribbler : You are the first I have met that is admitting playing CII. Interface is much better in CII than in CI, but it's a little boring that you always are sure to get newly found resources. Real estate is pure crap - wonder if thay patched it on in a last miunte effort. Though, it's good they have got rid of the memory leak - hated to have to monitor memory usage
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Too many. They don't seem to hold my interest as they used to either.

I'm hoping something new comes along. I read somewhere that Sid was going to do an online game like WoW but historical. That might do it.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If you include online poker about 30-40. If you don't about 1-2

Comment

only a couple right now

I use to spend over 40

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                  Real estate is pure crap - wonder if thay patched it on in a last minute effort.
                  Real estate may be crap, but farming is even worse. It's always a huge loss. Usually attempting to harvest any resource has been a financial disaster, but this game I have two gold mines paying off handsomely.

The real money is in building "semi-products," then using them to make finished products, and then finally selling them in retail stores. Sometimes, you can get a 10,000% markup or more. (I feel just like Exxon-Mobile.)

Comment

I may be a brute, but I always go for total domination of resources wich includes only iternal sale. Oh, I may open a oil well for public at obscene prices

With the right investments in the start it's actually easy to get total control with the market - then the real ***** is to collect stocks so you become sole owner

I don't mind discussing this further, but I suggest that we move to another forum - +1 is a +1
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I would say 1-5 hours, which is still way too much. I miss living without a computer in the house. I have such weak will power.

Even after disconnecting my computer and throwing it in the basement, I end up using my mom's laptop when she's home form work.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Playing "Reelect JFK" now. Trying to keep from getting shot at. (note avatar )
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

husband will tell me if he can't play for a minimum of 8 hours a day or more it isn't worth it to him.

So let me ask this is it possible to get motion sick from playing a viedo game to long? I've been playing City of Heros and can only play for about and hour or so then I literally get motion sick.
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I think so. A friend of mine can't play first-person shooters because he gets motion sickness.

Comment

No option for 168 hours?
                              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X