Bruce Lee Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Lee Appreciation Thread

Well, I found the complete Bruce Lee movies going cheap (and most in the original Cantonese too).

I hadn't seen them for years. I forgot how good they were for old movies.

My fave scene still has to be that bit in Fist of Fury where Bruce goes ape**** over the "No Dogs; No Chinese" sign on the park gate.

And he gets to own Chuck Norris.

Anyone else like these movies?
    Only feebs vote.

Of course

Comment

Sure, they're classics, must own DVDs..

One of my favourites is when Kareem fights people. He's so tall.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Bruce Lee movies are quite good if you ignore the plot

He has a different style of fighting than Jackie Chan. It seems more real.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The plots aren't that bad. But his style is awesome. Jackie Chan is actually in some of Lee's movies as an extra.

Lee certainly has the claim to fame as the first worldwide Chinese film star though.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            One of my favourites is when Kareem fights people. He's so tall.
            I loved seeing Kareem's giant footprint on Bruce Lee's yellow running suit.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

And if you ask where Tarantino got his idea for some of the suits in Kill Bill... well he stole it from Bruce Lee. Tarantino in general likes to steal.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
              X