Music players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music players

I'm looking for a very simple music player to play mp3 and wma files... one that takes up virtually no resourses... I've found Winamp and WMP to be too bloaty. Any other suggestions?

Winamp is the best and trash wma files, or convert.

Put this file in Plugins.
    Will be under DSL options under Gamut. Surround sound that improves regular stereo.
    I'll upload to the site here, JUST for you.

(Winamp) Hi_Fi_3_Surround_Effect_
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

@SlowwHand

Google MP3 vs WMA

Some test show that WMA is better when you have to convert your files in low quality(96kbs and less) and at high quality there is no difference, difference that can be heard.

But I think Lame MP3 did a lot to improve the quality of MP3, over other encoder. Some year ago, MP3 at 128 and even at 144 sounded like **** to my ears!

@Kalius:
      Some years ago I used QCD as my main MP3 player, I've made the switch to Media Player 9. I think it was not bad.

Here the website: http://www.quinnware.com/
      bleh

Comment

Get an older version of Winamp.. they are quite light.. and get the lite version of them too.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I use Lame. I convert bitrate with DbPowerAmp, which uses Lame for the compression. Db is also default ripper.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Foobar2000
            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Winamp is the best and trash wma files, or convert.

Put this file in Plugins.
              Will be under DSL options under Gamut. Surround sound that improves regular stereo.
              I'll upload to the site here, JUST for you.

(Winamp) Hi_Fi_3_Surround_Effect_
              Gotta hand it to you Sloww... that plug in is fricking awesome

Thanks for the tip

Comment

I was hoping you got it. Great.

I load auto preset Rock on Winamp, then on plugin click Rock and Echo. Does me fine.
                Last edited by SlowwHand; May 19, 2006, 20:15.

Comment

Working...
                X