Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently the US has no right to enforce it's borders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There a bit of difference between being a tourist to a country and being born and bred there.

Comment

• There's also a big difference between downtown Manhattan and Kansas
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It looks like the Guard troops are being put on the border under the authority of the State Governors. However they are being coordinated under Federal "guidance." Loophole? Yes.

One of the exact concerns about them being "temporary" is being played out as we speak.

1) The memo mentions them being deployed already for 2 years. 6000 in year 1 and 3000 in year 2+

2) There is no end date for their deployment

Nice, looks like we have a new permanent force deployment on the Mexican border.

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- President Bush's planned deployment of National Guard troops to the Mexican border would last at least two years with no clear end date, according to a Pentagon memo obtained Friday by The Associated Press.

Although the military document makes clear the troops would remain under the command of their governors, it also indicates a high degree of federal control over operations. It states that the National Guard Bureau's Army and Air Directories "will serve as the states' focal points for force-planning, training, organizing and equipping their forces."
        I especially like the subjective, ambiguous requirement for removing them from the border. I mean good lawd this is common sense management 101, set a quantifiable goal and then stick to it.

The document described an "end date" for the mission when the U.S. Border Patrol operation "gains independent operational control of the (southwest border) and National Guard forces are no longer required for this mission."

Does that sound familiar?

ITS GONNA BE ANOTHER VIETNAM GRACIAS POR FAVOR!!!
        Last edited by Ted Striker; May 20, 2006, 03:11.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis

Nice spin but utter BS. I just said that you show an obvious tendency to carefully choose the situations where you want to be a good Christian.

And I don't give a rat's arse about political conviction. Where did i comment on that?
          Well, I guess there a lot of us Agnostic Christians around. Are you one too?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
            Check out the beautiful Sudan. Boy that sure is a fantastic country.

Mexico isn't a third world country. Far from it, its one of the richest countries in the world (granted, thats one of the criticisms anti-immigrants have).

Comment

• Does that sound familiar?

ITS GONNA BE ANOTHER VIETNAM GRACIAS POR FAVOR!!!

Vietnam? southern Arizona is not vietnam. .

We should be able to bomb the territory without worrying about foliage covering the hiding spots. I support bombing southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico.

In any case, we left Vietnam a few years after it was apparant that we couldn't win that war, and the hippies wouldn't stop protesting it.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

Well, I guess there a lot of us Agnostic Christians around. Are you one too?
                  Since I don't believe there is a God, no. But I do try to live as Christ showed us because I think it is a good ideal.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                      Mexico isn't a third world country.
                      Actually, it is, by definition, a third world country.

1st Word = the developed/imperialist countries, plus a handful of Pacific countries.

2nd World = The Soviet Bloc

3rd World = everything else

The 2nd World doesn't exist anymore. Everything that was in it is now 3rd World.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• 3rd world countries can be imperialist. It's not restricted to developed or first world countries.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• "its" as a possessive does not have an apostrophe. When "it's" is used as a contraction of "it is" then you use an apostrophe. And it doesn't make much sense to say "the US has no right to enforce it is borders." Unless you're (your) from Alabama. Or Texas.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• That's a vulgar definition of imperialist, DaShi. Imperialism, as a term from political economy means something different that trying to put your flag on someone else's land.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Grrr, for making me have to look it up to verify.

im·pe·ri·al·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pîr--lzm)
                              n.
                              The policy of extending a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political hegemony over other nations.
                              The system, policies, or practices of such a government.

It's not impossible for third world countries to do this to even worse off countries. Look at China today. Look at Japan before the end of WWII. Even the 2nd world wasn't innocent of this behavior.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis

Since I don't believe there is a God, no. But I do try to live as Christ showed us because I think it is a good ideal.
                                I think you and I agree in principle here.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X