• Show
Clear All

and it's an EU project!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      I didn't know the CIA had bomber airplanes.
      Oh darn. Now he knows. We'll have to kill him.

Comment

That was a joke, by the way. A joke!!!

Comment

I have a rather long list in my mental filing cabinet called "Third world #### hole I'd never want to visit."

Cambodia is filed under that category but I know very little about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            and it's an EU project!
            That clinches it then. I'm alerting the authorities!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Greeks using EU funding, that's a new one.

For web development no less!

Damn, read a book and do it. You dont 'need seminars or what for that stuff. It's like international meeting for people who sell ice cream. I'm sure it happens, but we all know it's BS.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Greeks using EU funding, that's a new one.

For web development no less!
                  actually it's EU finding it's best web developers and sending them to aid the development of south-east asia

Comment

Like said.. it's a joke.

Because yeah, what they need is help in trying to do websites. EU money well spent.

Then again, this is just stupid and not outrageous like most EU 'projects'.

That said, have fun, it should be a great experience. There will be negatives if you look for them so it's all about how you want to experience Cambodia I'd assume.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

I didn't know the CIA had bomber airplanes.
                      They hired contractor airlines, merc pilots, all that. OTOH I thought the secret bombing was actually done by USAF, the CIA "air force" was too light for that.

The secret bombing was not of Pnom Penh, but of the areas in the northeast where Prince Sihanouk allowed the North Vietnamese to transport supplies through Cambodia to Viet Nam.

The Prince would have said it was better to allow them to transport supplies, than to go to war with the North Viet Namese, since Cambodian society was too fragile to resist a Communist insurgency.

In the end he proved right.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        actually it's EU finding it's best web developers and sending them to aid the development of south-east asia
                        Best Web developers - and they're sending you!?
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Like said.. it's a joke.

Because yeah, what they need is help in trying to do websites. EU money well spent.
                          it's an agricultural project which also has a website. the website is a tiny part of the budget

Comment

Working...
                          X