MySpace to begin selling "24" episodes: WSJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySpace to begin selling "24" episodes: WSJ

I know Sava and many of you are watchers of the series.

Mon May 15, 2:48 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - News Corp.'s MySpace.com will begin selling episodes of Fox's "24" next week as part of a plan to turn the popular teen website into a business rivaling Yahoo Inc. and Apple Computer Inc.'s iTunes, according to the Wall Street Journal.

MySpace, one of the fastest growing Web properties, will begin selling episodes of the show "24" for $1.99 per episode from seasons one and five, the report said.

Two free episodes of the show will also be available, sponsored by Burger King Holdings, according to the Journal.

In recent months, TV networks have rushed to make their shows available for sale on iTunes for $1.99, including News Corp.-owned Fox, which sealed a deal to sell shows on the service last week.

A spokesman for News Corp. could not be reached for comment.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

They have the drop on iTunes, which is only selling season 5.
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

that would depend on the quality of the episodes. two bucks is cheap, but for a little more total, i can get the entire season on DVD.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

and what is a show like 24 without the entire seasons
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I bet there will be commercials.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            I bet there will be commercials.
            If there weren't any, it wouldn't be in "real time" anymore. Therefore, they can argue that there have to be commercials.

Comment

Someday the commercials will be interesting/humorous to you.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
              X