No announcement yet.

End of Moussaoui trial may destroy Bush administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, but what happened to Bush, Cheney, and Rove in that plane crach was terrible.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
      I know, but what happened to Bush, Cheney, and Rove in that plane crach was terrible.
      You still have to appreciate the fitting irony of how they died, considering all the innocents* they murdered on 9/11.

* - That's with the exception of the passengers on Flight 77 however, who were simply spirited to a bunker 200 miles beneath the crust of Saskatchewan so that a cruise missile could hit the Pentagon in their stead.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

• I think the flying saucers did 9/11. They were just trying to give someone an anal probe and then found all the Jews had called in sick that day so they started blowing stuff up. :crazy:
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I know I got banned for a week for resurrecting an ancient thread for no reason. I demand justice be done. Hang 'em high!
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Re: But really...

Originally posted by Richelieu

I just like the picture
            "I Agree."
            Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
              Wait til after the next Pres election.

It's like musical chairs.
              Do you still think so?

Comment

• I think it could be fun.

Either of the Dem front runners can be imagined to nurture less than happy responses from a good number of Americans.

McCain winning could be more fun. The reactions of some of the vocal blue staters to the Republicans holding the WH after Bush is amusing to contemplate.

In any case, it's going to be a show. We'll have our popcorn ready.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Necromancy

Comment

McCain winning could be more fun. The reactions of some of the vocal blue staters to the Republicans holding the WH after Bush is amusing to contemplate.

It's win-win for the Dems. McCain represents a more level headed and responsible GOP than we've had since before Nixon (whether or not he actually is). McCain winning could signal the collapse of the nutter end of the GOP, while him losing could result in the collapse of the moderate conservatives and the strengthening of the nitwits. I wonder sometimes if it wouldn't be better in the long run for McCain to win.

And:

I know I got banned for a week for resurrecting an ancient thread for no reason. I demand justice be done. Hang 'em high!
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I think it could be fun.

Either of the Dem front runners can be imagined to nurture less than happy responses from a good number of Americans.

Oh. I thought you were predicting that Oerdin would do another 180 following the next election.

Comment

• but McCain is winning it for certain... this election even Kerry could have won, but the Dems are going to field a non-white male candidate they are teh best

for every non-white or a woman who will vote there will be another 2 "never voted before" patriots who will vote McCain just so that their country does not implode under the strain of such strange president...
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                          but McCain is winning it for certain... this election even Kerry could have won, but the Dems are going to field a non-white male candidate they are teh best

for every non-white or a woman who will vote there will be another 2 "never voted before" patriots who will vote McCain just so that their country does not implode under the strain of such strange president...
                          where were these "patriots" when polling was occuring? Even the racists in this country don't seem to find it strange that minorities are getting elected. On the contrary they usually seem to have a siege mentality delusion that minorities are already taking over the country.

Racists of the sort that willfully oppose minority candidates seem so numerous because of the seeming ubiquity of obnoxious racist actions and words, but their election day influence if it exists appears to be pathetically minor.

Their long era of holding reigns of power has passed even if they continue to make life difficult with their whining and sour gestures of bigotry.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                            but McCain is winning it for certain... this election even Kerry could have won, but the Dems are going to field a non-white male candidate they are teh best

I notice that it's always Europeans who say this sort of thing. And the idea of Kerry beating McCain when he couldn't even beat W is silly. Obama or Clinton might have a chance because they have actual personalities and give the appearance of believing in what they fight for.

...waitaminit, is this a troll? Grr.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
                              McCain represents a more level headed and responsible GOP than we've had since before Nixon (whether or not he actually is). McCain winning could signal the collapse of the nutter end of the GOP, while him losing could result in the collapse of the moderate conservatives and the strengthening of the nitwits. I wonder sometimes if it wouldn't be better in the long run for McCain to win.
                              Thing is, we still don't know what McCain we're going to get for the run to November - and one of the advantages to all the Democrats' infighting at this point is that McCain has to prepare in very different ways depending on who his opponent is. (So the longer the Dems go without a nomination, the longer McCain has to wait to define his identity for the fall.) If it's Clinton, McCain is free to flip off the extremist nitwits and pursue the moderatist agenda he likely prefers in order to court the independent vote. If it's Obama... the neo-cons will get their way at the convention and in McCain's VP choice, because McCain can't beat Obama without solid support from the GOP base (and even if he betrays himself and blatantly panders to the right, he still might not get the support he needs).

So when it comes down to it, I don't think a McCain victory changes things for the GOP much. Obviously, I think McCain's chances are much better against Clinton than against Obama, polls be damned. If he beats Clinton the nitwits will write him off as a necessary evil and push for the same crap they always do with person that comes after him - keep in mind that at his age, McCain could very well be a one-term president by choice. If he beats Obama, it just reinforces that what the neo-cons have done all along is "right", and the GOP will never be rid of them. In short, the best thing in the long run for the GOP is for McCain to lose this election, especially if it's to Obama. That'll finally give them the gumption needed to eject the extremists from the party and get back to their roots.
                              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                              X