Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With his base eroding away Bush is now backtracking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A moat.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

They want to deport 12 million people; I do not. Since most of them now have kids who are legal citizens and American companies need their labor they should stay but be required to work their way through a process to get legal status. Where I agree with the right wingers is that we do need more enforcement to prevent yet more law breakers from coming it. Enforcement against illegal workers and against employers who hire them. I also think we need a guest worker program or maybe even just increased legal immigration to get more legal workers into the country to fill the jobs illegal workers used to do.
      I think of position of the Republican Party is that people here illegally should not be able to get citizenship. They will have to go back home and get in line.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

By the way, on Meet the Press today they had Newt Gingrich. Among the topics was Bush's popularity numbers. Newt made it clear that President Bush is not popular among conservatives for number reasons: his willingness to grant amnesty to illegal aliens, his mishandling of the Iraq war, his nomination at Harriet Miers, his mishandling of Katrina and the deficit.

He also seems to have been on the wrong side on the "ports" issue initially by being willing to grant port rights to an Arab company.

Newt was very tough on President Bush.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
          I think Bush should take a year off. Maybe go overseas. Really get to know himself.
          Yeah, maybe go some place nice and sunny like Cuba or something.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

ahem

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Seems to me we should just annex Mexico and be done with it BAM! No more illegal immigration.
              Actualy a lot of the Illegal imigration is now coming from Central America and just passing through Mexico. This is mainly because the Mexican economy is doing so well.

The republican party is torn between its 2 core support groups, Big Buisniess wants to keep the status quo, a porus border, no penalties for companies and illegal status for which keeps them in a state of near slavery. The Southern Bigot portion of the Republican party just hates brown people and wants to keep them out. Thus the party cant deside ware it stands on this issue and the conmpromise deals that combine fences and guest worker programs.

Its unfortunate that Bush wasted his Presidency on the Iraq war, before 9/11 this guest worker program had a good chance of passing. After years of fear-mongering and the exostion of Bushes political capital within his own party the changes are slim. This is quite ironic because the guest worker program was the ONLY good idea that W has had in his entire political carrer.
              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

This is mainly because the Mexican economy is doing so well.

I must have been living under a rock at some point to not have realized this.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                  Well, there is also the issue of the military conducting civilian policing duties, something is is not supposed to ever do except in times of emergency.
                  I am not really sure that this type of use is what is barred. Any action would be against foriegn nationals attempting to illegally cross an international boarder...seems like a primary use for the military to me.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah go for it. Build those machine gun nests. The military is "ideal" for border control!!!!!!

Comment

Mexico is rich compared to third-world countries. That's why they're worried about losing jobs to China too. Still... Mexico's southern border is much easier to secure than the US-Mexico border
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

So Mexico is doing so well that Mexicans want to flee their country to live in United States??

Or, if it is true that most of the immigrants come from Central American countries now, through Mexico, I would like to know where Impaler got the info.

Comment

I'm just mad that he's going on during the prime hours tonight to talk about this

he better be done before Grey's Anatomy comes back on
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                            I'm just mad that he's going on during the prime hours tonight to talk about this

he better be done before Grey's Anatomy comes back on

You're just mad, period (eg. crazy).

Comment

Mexico's southern border is much easier to secure than the US-Mexico border
                              That's cause it's smaller... and who wants to flee to Belize and guatemala or whatever is down there?

You're just mad, period (eg. crazy).
                              you noticed?
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

We've all noticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X