Lancer vs. Typhoon Chonchu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancer vs. Typhoon Chonchu

At this moment, Typhoon Chanchu is hammering the Phillipines. Lancer and Dolores were supposed to return to Oregon sometime this month, but I have yet to hear from them, so I'm guessing they're still in the Phils.

I saw one news story which reported power outages in "Bojol." They might mean Bohol, which is the island where Lancer and Dolores have their retirement home.

They should be okay though, The typhoon is about half way between them and Manila, which means they aren't getting the dread right-hook of North Hemisphere storms. Plus, the winds put it only as a Catagory 1. And the wall of their house are concrete.

I imagine they've taken in a bunch of Dolores's relatives.

The cool thing is that Lancer is always bragging how Bohol is not in the paths of typhoons, that they swing north and hit Manila. So now we get to rag on him.

we ragged on him anyway
    Monkey!!!

Comment

His house is far away from the shore, unless he bought a new house on the beach already.

Power outages happen quite frequently in Bohol even when there are no typhoons. Most people who can afford them have their own generators.
      Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

Great, it's coming in my direction now.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Southern Leyte got badly hit; Bohol seems to be okay.

But I threw my back out bringing my wife's plants in from our balcony, and the typhoon missed Manila entirely.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

the wall of their house are concrete.

Life in the third world sucks.

Even if you have some cash they only let you have one wall.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

There was an "s" on the end of "walls" when I typed it. Somebody must have swiped it.

Comment

Crime tends to be bad too.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Looks like it is going to get mighty close.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I hope Lancer and his family are ok. Not to mention the millions of people who live in the PI.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Actually, we came home on the 11th.

The storm missed Bohol I think...

Slaughtermeyer, meet Zkribbler, visa versa, fellow visitors to the Phil house.

Rufus, sorry you hurt your back!
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          The storm missed Bohol I think...
                          It did but I heard Leyte got hit pretty bad. Now, southern China is getting hammered.

Slaughtermeyer, meet Zkribbler, visa versa, fellow visitors to the Phil house.
                          Hey Slaughtermeyer!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            Looks like it is going to get mighty close.
                            What a great idea! Post something like, "A giant typhoon is heading in my direction. I might die," and then let days go passed without posting any more on it. People with gather at your memorial service...say nice things about you...(and you'll be able to listen in)

Comment

Lancer v. the Typhoon

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X