No announcement yet.

The Police State Continues -- US Military to Patrol Mexican Border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dude, sure our rush hour can't compare to LA. But it's much worse than almost every other city. As we have heavy traffic constantly. Not just 2 times a day.

Greenpeace whackos are preventing us from expanding our freeways because they cause cancer. Our city is nothing but gridlock.

Comment

• but I'm ****ing serious. Sure Mexico City, Tokyo and other foreign cities have larger populations. And they all rely on mass transit. And their people are poor (not so much in Tokyo I guess).

I hate to say it, but some conservative whacko was right. If we want to maintain our standard of living, we can't let everybody in.

In fact, our standard of living has already gone down. As the population of my city cannot afford to buy a house anymore. too many people in a limited space have priced the housing market out of reach for a large part of our population. I admit, this isn't the immigrants fault. But the politicians who think we can expand continually even though we don't have any space to expand our city fast enough.

Comment

• That's more the fault of an overburdened freeway system and poor city planning than anything

Of course people will always look for scapegoats, Mexicans make a nice target
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And it amazed me to look at the projected increases in the LA population. I can't possibly see how it can be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
            dude, sure our rush hour can't compare to LA. But it's much worse than almost every other city. As we have heavy traffic constantly. Not just 2 times a day.

Greenpeace whackos are preventing us from expanding our freeways because they cause cancer. Our city is nothing but gridlock.
            Um, cities are supposed to be crowded. That's what makes them cities. And as someone living in Asia, I find the notion that Vegas is "too crowded" very hard to take seriously.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• Asian city populations are not exactly a model of what to do.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Um, cities are supposed to be crowded. That's what makes them cities. And as someone living in Asia, I find the notion that Vegas is "too crowded" very hard to take seriously.
                yeah I know. But they city I used to live in used to be a small city. Yeah it's not the immigrants fault, but the greedy corporations for building so much. oh well. I can always move to hicksville. But that doesn't change the fact that the soutwest U.S. has a limited capacity for it's population. And this is where all the immigration goes. Sooner or later we will run out of water.

Comment

• Well the Bush speech did nothing except further convince the right that Bush is a wimp just like his father. I have to agree with the right that one cannot ever grant citizenship to illegals without incenting a further flood. I even agree, on further reflection, that the so-called guest worker program is a bad idea.

But, so long as we have Bush or any Dem, nothing will ever get done on illegal immigration that will have the effect of even slowing it down.

There is no wonder that Bush's popularity is in the can. The left hates him. Now so does the right. He's only got FOX of Mexico left. But even he despises Bush for his weakness.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                  X