Almost 700 Million People used the Internet in March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    . All of Africa has little Internet usage, same goes for Asian countries except Japan
    There are plenty of other counterexamples. South Korea, Taiwan, and Israel, say. I'm betting levels are also relatively high in Malaysia, Singapore, and the UAE.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

South Korea actually, for a brief while, led Japan in high-speed internet adoption.

Indeed, estimates vary from ~50% of SKorea to upeards of 75% having full-time broadband access; it has become so prevalent in the social sphere and integrated into Korean life that anybody doing any sort of research into how the internet changes society generally looks into the SKorean example.
      B♭3

Comment

How do they know how many people are using the internet? Are the spying on us?? Do they have my computer tapped?!?

No, I don't want a cookie! Why do you ask?

Comment

So many dead kittens...
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

As a percentage of population, 54% of Australians used the net during March.

only the warez and mp3 people would be left after that.

You forgot MMO.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

why is the OT so quiet then?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

We started a game of hide and seek on the OT, and you were voted "It".

Oops... gotta hide!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I see you joined the Government - that's the best hiding place.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Then again, it remains very much a toy of the people in advanced nations.
                    Should kinda go without saying.

Nobody cares about NZ

Comment

Working...
                    X