Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Europeans: save some tax money

sign this!

Samarbetet i Europa gör individen friare, Sverige rikare och vår omvärld tryggare och gör det möjligt att lösa stora problem över gränserna. Men EU måste reformeras och moderniseras.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Signed.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Signed
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Signed

(under a different name )
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

lol someone signed as Jacques Chirac

Comment

A lot of Belgians and Dutchmen signing BTW.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

why is it moved?
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Curiously enough, I have no intention of signing this
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                  why is it moved?
                  It's not moved, the European Parliament currently has 2 seats, one in Brussels and one in Strasbourg, with MP's moving between them. You can imagine this is a pretty costly affair hence the proposals and this petition to retain only one seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    That's so French of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                      A lot of Belgians and Dutchmen signing BTW.
                      Yeah I noticed too.
                      Better internationalize it - otherwise it can easily be neglected.

Comment

Nah, what matters is the Belgians' opinion.

Comment

Signed
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Auw c'mon, you already are a world power...throw us a bone.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The worst part is that I am generally favourable to having only one seat for the EU Parliament (in Brussels). But I dislike the agressive tone of the petition.

Also, I wonder if the rpoponents of the petition would agree with the EU Parliament being located only in Strasbourg in order to "save the taxpayer's money". Considering how many Belgians have signed the petition, I am not really sure about that
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X