No announcement yet.

Comp trouble: Spyware infestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do a search and look if you have the spool into the system folder and in the fonts folder
    bleh

Comment

There's a spoolsv.exe in System32.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Delete (spool32.exe) It but send a copy via a email, or burn it on a cd before deleting it, this is a file used when printing. But it can also be a trojan.
        (I have winxp home edition, a I dont have any spool32.exe)
        bleh

Comment

oh yeah,

The files is named s?ool32.exe, delete it!
          I
          bleh

Comment

The 'p' in the name appears to be some kind of look-alike character - the embedded WinRAR wants to call it s_ool32.rar - I assume this is a bad sign?

Edit: I'll take your crosspost as confirmation.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

yep! s?ool32.exe is a trojan.
              bleh

Comment

Someone seems to had the same problem has you...

pop ups won't stop even when not using WWW
                bleh

Comment

Deleted. Anything else that seems obviously suspicious, or should I just wait and see if my problems are solved?

Comment

Reboot, and look if it has solved your problem
                    bleh

Comment

Rebooted ... no ads yet, but they were coming rather irregularly, so I'll give it some hours before I conclude it's indeed gone ...

Comment

Nice assist Cronos!
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Yup. My system seems to be clear.

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Yes I did. Found nothing.
                            spybot?

start killing processes that you don't recognize.

Comment

Spybot found a couple further webHancer files, which I promptly killed.

Comment

Working...
                              X