i have spyware: msmgs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have spyware: msmgs

i made the error to install norton antivirus and now every 5 mins it tries to add msn (which i dont need cause i use gaim) on my startup list!

ideas?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Have you tried to uninstall Norton ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Remove every trace of Norton from your system.

(That's just general advice.)

Comment

Install MS Antispyware and kill them.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Markos, uncheck it in msconfig, and reboot.You'll ret a message at boot up that you altered Settings. Click, i don't want to hear this bull**** again. Sometimes it's stubborn, msmsg is.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

OR... http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/pr...smsgs.exe.html
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Forget about Norton for Antivirus. Use AVG Free Anti-Virus instead.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Thats what I use. I have an array of things, if you ever want it. Spyware Blaster is great. Works in background and stops most from ever even getting in.

Comment

It worries me that the co-owner of the site needs our help dealing with this.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What's one to do with the other? Nothing.

Comment

Uh. I'm pretty sure this website uses like... computers... and stuff.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure that you, like several others, are misunderstanding what the issue is.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Give into microsoft.

They are the future, the present and the past as well.

Microsoft are Gods, and will stop at nothing to prove this to you (through the invasion and control of all computers, but shhhh, it's a secret)

Comment

12 replies and no one replied with the standard computer advice. format c.

Comment

No. That would be "smashing the offending HDD with a sledgehammer."

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X