Apple Corps v. Apple Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Corps v. Apple Computer

A judgment has been rendered. You can read the .press release here.

The judge's full opinion (34-page PDF!) basically rules foursquare in favor of the computer company, stating in essence that the iTunes Music Store as implemented does not constitute a breach of a 1991 trademark agreement between Apple Computer and the Beatles' record company, Apple Corps.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Oh yeah. Didn't see that coming.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Actually, I thought Apple Corps had a decent case, improved by their ability to bring it in British jurisdiction. My quich-and-easy read of the case was that Apple computer was clearly in breach of the 91 trademark agreement.

But as it turns out -- not so much.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Whether or not they had a good case, I just didn't see anything bad happening to Apple Computer. Didn't think anyone was going to touch the sacred iPod and iTunes. Especially because no one really cares about the Beatles anymore.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
        X