MSIE Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSIE Question

So I was messing around with my video drivers and while running in safe mode with 640x400 resolution I made the mistake of opening a browser window; now, whenever I right click and Open Target in New Window, or shift click, the default new window size is tiny. Is there any way to make it open new windows that are maximized by default again?
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Go to the shortcut, right click, click properties. Set "Run" to "Maximized."

Comment

That didn't work

It's maximized when I use the shortcut already, but when I open a new window by clicking a link it's tiny.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Try this:

* Open IE to a page that contains a link.
        * Right-click on the link and select Open in New Window.
        * Close the original instance of IE .
        * Drag the sides of the new window to fill the entire screen. Don't just click the maximize button.
        * Close IE.

That should do it!
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Yay! That helped. No way to make it maximized is there?

Sometimes with a window that's the biggest possible size that isn't maximized clicking the close button closes a window behind it that is maximized. If not that's fine, this is just a minor annoyance.
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any easy way to get a true maximized window. The utility at this link claims to do what you want, but I haven't tested it.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

Why are you still using MSIE? Bad idea.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

There are plenty of good reasons to [have to] use MSIE.

Comment

I wouldn't do that unless it's my bank. In which case I'll go down to a branch and tell them to fix their website.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Because I didn't feel like installing extra, unnecessary pieces of software on this computer. Hence MSIE.
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Why? Don't you have firewalls, virus scanners, adware scanners, etc?

Comment

I didn't have any of those for the longest time. Took 9 months to get a virus, and then all the anti-virus software I got was almost useless. Finally, I managed to remove it nanually.
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

An easy way to toggle to and from maximized browser windows is hitting F11.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                            An easy way to toggle to and from maximized browser windows is hitting F11.
                            I didn't know that... THANKS!
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              I didn't know that... THANKS!

We should have a thread about little things like that...

Comment

Working...
                              X