Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whacha readin'?

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    I'm reading a biography of John Paul Jones.

My favorite part so far is when the American fleet (consisting of two armed merchantmen, two brigs and a sloop) first sets sail to do battle with the world's most powerful navy...and promptly gets stuck in the ice.
    I did a paper on John Paul Jones back in the day

Very very very interesting guy

"I have not begun to fight!!"
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have not yet begun to fight, you phillistine.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

"I am fighting all these muthafukas at once throw a dog a bone nigga DONT GET IT TWISTED!!!"
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The Whisperer in Darkness by H. P. Lovecraft
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

my friend bought me The Face by Dean Koontz. So I'm reading that now. It's like the first book I read in a long time. I usually spend too much time here and playing computer games to have time to read.

Comment

Just finished re-reading Samuel R. Delany's 'The Motion Of Light In Water', am part way through Shirley Jackson's 'The Haunting Of Hill House' and have just begun 'At Swim, Two Boys'.

All of which I heartily recommend.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

i've started reading the eight....

not thrilled so far...
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                X