• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramo

Read the next sentence...
    Sorry, quite right.

Comment

white man's burden - by william easterly.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Shogun by James Clavell

Just trying to see how close the mini-series was.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I'm reading a book about world economic statistics. I plan to use the knowledge to impress chicks in real life and crush various opponents on internet fora.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
            Shogun by James Clavell

Just trying to see how close the mini-series was.
            Surprisingly close!

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
              ... I'm reading

Tamerlane: Sword of Islam, Conqueror of the World by Justin Marozzi
              Alexander the Great by Robin Lane Fox
              Attila The Hun by John Man
              Ghengis Khan by John Man
              Er...do you have any political ambitions you'd like to tell us about?

Comment

the holy thief, by ellis peters.

cadfael ftw!
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Ilium by Dan Simmons, just started it.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                    I liked the Da Vinci code a lot since it was the first non-fiction book
                    non-fiction?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I am going to start reading one of the books I already own.

Lincoln's Sanctuary: Abraham Lincoln and the Soldiers' Home by Matthew Pinsker
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I bought Da Vinci's code (the one that includes photos of the actual places, tombs, etc).

Now, I have never actually read a book and enjoyed it, because my mind would wander too quickly. However, for the first time in my life, I have been able to read a book (that's not a comic hehe) and not be able to put it down.

Da Vinci's Code taught me a lot about history that I was not aware of (I'm talking about the factual stuff, like paganism, rise of catholicsm..). It all backed up my reason for leaving Christianity.

I'm now in the process of looking for a good game-making book, either that or Digital Fortress, which sounds interesting.
                        be free

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

non-fiction?
                          The way some religious nuts are ranting about Da Vinci you'd think it was non-fiction.

I've got Tom Clancy's "Without Remorse" and a book by R. Scott Bakker titled 'The Darkness that Comes Before" lined up to read next. I don't know a thing about Darkness or the author but it looked intresting. Guess I'll find out or sell it if it sucks. I got Without Remorse hard cover for five bucks, used.

Comment

Byzantium endures
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                              I'm now in the process of looking for a good game-making book, either that or Digital Fortress, which sounds interesting.
                              Dan Browns other books are pretty much in the same league as Da Vinci IMO, you'd probably like DF and Deception Point. I have Angels & Demons but havn't read it yet. Although I'm guessing its like his others.

Comment

I find Dan Brown's books very easy to read, because they read much like a movie, it's almost as if he is writing it specifically to be made into a movie.

He also doesn't seem to use big words..

Well at least in Da Vinci Code.
                                Last edited by FrostyBoy; May 7, 2006, 23:19.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X