Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues of freedom

I have issues man.

First of all, I'm not free unless I can do what I want, without breaking the law, if it doesn't stop from anyone else doing their stuff.

That means in simple terms, what ever I do in my own apartment should be legal. Just because you think it's immoral, wrong, what ever.. shouldn't make it illegal. When I get out there, it changes, I have to make sure I don't object your freedoms.

The more I think about freedom, the less I think of society of control. The only government that will ever work for freedom is a government who follows that simple ideology. We have 0 governments that follows that ideology.

In fact, I should be able to not participate in the system at all. I should be able to choose to NOT get SSN, I should be able to not get education, I should be able to not pay taxes (and not get any services for that matter), I should be able to be anonymous. Why do I not have the right to act anonymously?

Minimum taxes might be necessity for things such as police, roads etc. because I would not be able to be free and walk because I'd be using roads paid by taxes. But other services? I shouldn't have to contribute if I'm not using them. I should be able to make that choice.

But I can't do that, if I would, I would have to give up my citizenship. And get what membership instead? There are no governments who take freedom issues to their heart. There's nothing to change it for.

If I'm not able to do that, then I don't have the freedom to do it and inherently I am less free. Even if I think this current model is better where I pay more taxes, have weed illegal, and what not... I should have the choice.

Who is looking for my rights and freedoms? Who is keeping the decision makers in check, since all the recent developments are more rules, regulations, more restricting.. Instead of taking out the old useless and stupid rules.

We should have freedom loving people in the system who are not there to BUILD more walls but to take them down. So some more people might go hungry without the safety nets of society. So what? If it's their choice, it's their choice, AS LONG as it's choice and not forced to be in that state.

We shouldnt be telling people what they should do, think or what ever. We should think ourselves. If God made us, we are all equal. You have no say in my business as long as I'm not restricting you or your rights. I don't believe in control over someone else, unless they want to be controlled.

However, most people do want to be controlled. That shouldn't force the rest of us freedom lovers to be controlled if we don't want to be controlled. I like options. I might go with the rest of you but I want to make that choice.

Step off oppressors! You will get knocked out!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Another masterpiece, my excellent friend. Without your wisdom we should be mired in the dual swamps of injustice and ignorance.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

what is this dual swamp of injustce and ignorance..? My language skills are hindering me, please say that in other way so I understand....
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        what is this dual swamp of injustce and ignorance..? My language skills are hindering me, please say that in other way so I understand....
        Follow the boobies young padawan, and you will find reality naked and supine before you.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yes but I'm not interested in spiritual freedom etc, you know like prisoner can be free in his head and then he is truly more free than the rest.. I'm interested in de facto freedom.

I feel that our system does not respect the individual. Sure we have systems that 'care for the individual' as if in the system is a person. But it's not.

We should have enough respect for people that we trust them to make their own decisions and live like they want to live. We all came out of baby popping machine and I don't see who had the balls to say they can have control over me or anyone else. I should choose to follow if I want to.

And denouncing the system and citizenship isn't a viable option because I don't haven an option to choose that citizenship that gives me the model I'd like to live in. So, even though I can give up the system, I'll end up being in another system that is not looking out for my rights as an individual.

It's a society of control. I have a name, and I have to freaking apply to get it changed. Why can't I just call myselfg what I want? How about tomorrow I'm ... Jeff. Why not? My friends know who I am, it's not a problem. Why should the system know what I'm called. Besides, I still have my SSN so they can still control me with it, even if my name is Jeff, so there's really no need for the name control either. Except for controlling reasons.

Then people cry about criminals. So what. It's not like they have obeyd the law to begin with. It's not like if the criminal changes his name to Joe, that then terror will come. He most likely changed his name anyway.

We should have some kind of minimum systems anyway. Police is needed in case anarchy would arise. We need some functions. And that requires money. So I think we can't get rid of taxes.

But police should have number 1 priority to see that my rights are not broken. Not pull me over to **** around. We hired them to see that criminals get caught, not that they **** with us.

The fact is, the president is no better than you or me. So why do they get to be all kinds of leaders who say stuff that affects us all? Why is their opinion any more important? Let those who want to listen the president, let them listen but if I don't want to hear it, I should not feel the consequences of that speech either.
          In da butt.

Comment

And some people make thse claims like what rights do you think you have when you were born, you know, as in you don't have any rights?

Well who told them that they have rights to control the rest of us with all kinds of tagging systems and what not, whether we wanted it or not? Who gave them that right?

Screw them and let me choose.
            In da butt.

Comment

Screw them and let me choose.
              Why?

I don't mean to be a smart ass, but you seem to just be making an assertion here without any justification for it. Why should you get to have everyting you want and do anything you want?
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah exactly.

Why should we let you even vote?
                In da butt.

Comment

Simply put, you choose to live in the country you live in. By doing that, you agree to all of its rules and regulations and whatnot. If you don't want to have to do that, the only absolute recourse you have is to live on unclaimed territory. Some tiny pacific island or something.

You will have complete and total freedom to do as you please. You won't have any of the services and goods you're used to now, but in order to make use of those things, you must be dependent upon others; and if you're dependent, you're not free.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah exactly.

Why should we let you even vote?
                    Blatant punt. Did you not start this thread to debate your assertion?
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Freedom of the sort you describe is counter-productive to building a society in which we are all happy. There are some regulations that constrain our freedoms, but benefit the society overall. You can not claim there are not times when your personal interest is in conflict with that of the society at large.

Quite frankly, by arguing you should be able to do anything so long as it doesn't impact anyone else, gets rather tricky because I can argue most of what you do contributes to depletion of resources and global warming. By that token, pursuing a high-lifestyle hurts everyone else very slightly.
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                        Simply put, you choose to live in the country you live in. By doing that, you agree to all of its rules and regulations and whatnot.
                        No I don't. I was born a Canadian citizen without any consultation whatsoever.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How old are you, and how did you come by your current residence?
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            How old are you
                            and how did you come by your current residence?
                            through a long series of related events begining with my birth.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I have issues man.
                              We know.

Comment

Working...
                              X