X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've bought my Fuji s5200 last week. Here some of my first pictures

bleh

No Way Out?

And some older pictur from my old Fuji Digicam, when I lived in Beloeil.

Last edited by CrONoS; May 7, 2006, 02:17.
    bleh

Comment

Feel free to post your critics and idea about my pictures, and post some of your own good pictures! Thanks
      bleh

Comment

flying not allowed
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

the No Way Out picture is ok but stupid because everyone knows it's a ramp going wrong way. As a pic, it's pretty good though.

I don't like your old pics.

The first one is ok but pretty generic, second one I like I think it's good, third one is framed kind of lame (hey you wanted critique!), and the fourth one I can't decide, OTOH I think it's pretty good but something rubs me the wrong way, but I'd say it's pretty good just to be on the positive side with your low self esteem
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You take nice pictures of women.

I see a future for you in the teenage boy's most coveted career!!
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
              Feel free to post your critics and idea about my pictures, and post some of your own good pictures! Thanks
              The flower photo lacks a focal point, imho.

I like the stairs, some nice textures, good composition. It would be interesting to see it as a print, to see whether you can get some strong rich black tones.

The one with the telephone poles is good for the same reasons, good textures, the black of the traffic light creates a good focal point without being too dominate.

You've got a good eye.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

You should have coughed up the extra for color film, imho.

Or color memory card, if it's a digital camera.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I think the girl in the hat is the best. That and the angel one have strong context. Although I have to ask... why did you choose to focus on the angel rather than the Virgin Mary?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

@DanS

Why did I focus on the angel rather than Virgin Mary?

In reality the angel is not bigger than ~6inch... So it was so small and so beautifull and in marble. I wanted to do something with the angel, I wanted to focus on the angel.

If I have time this week, I'll return to the church and I'll see how different I can make this photo. The photo is even not clearly focused on the angel, I need some practice with my digital camera.

It was taken in ISO400 at around 1/6sec exposure time with 10.2mm focal lenght(zoom at around 8x). The camera was hold tight in my hand, but the photo need some sharpening.

thanks!
                    bleh

Comment

The women beauty, is the first step toward joy and grace.

Anyway , I love to make picture of women. The skin of women capture light in a very special way. Specially at the dawn! They were created to inspire us.

And like Goethe writed:"The eternal feminine attracts us to the highest."

Originally posted by Agathon
                      You take nice pictures of women.

I see a future for you in the teenage boy's most coveted career!!
                      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                        The flower photo lacks a focal point, imho.
                        Ironic. That's the one I liked the best. The light filtering through the flowers makes them look very etherical.

As a traditionalist, I would have liked to have seen a lot more light on the ladies' faces...and of course a lot fewer clothes. (I may not know a lot about art, but I know what I like )

Comment

Your last photo is the best.

For black and white pictures you need more interplay of shadows and light. For example, the stair one would be much better if one end is dark. IOW, either it goes up into darkness, or it descends into darkness.

Do you like Ansel Adams?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

A random photo I took

Attached Files
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've made some modification to my photos... I think they're better.

And a new one:
                              bleh

Comment

Working...
                              X