Good boss/bad boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good boss/bad boss

The supervisor and the lead are both out of town at a conference.

Today, the clerical staff announced that I was in charge.
    One said she wanted to leave early. I said okay.
    Another said she wanted to leave early tomorrow. I said okay.

I mean, it's no skin off my nose.

Was my response a good idea or a bad one
    I do have perfect deniability. "Hey, your can't blame me. I wasn't left in charge."

Can I get out early tomorrow? I've gotta go to the... doctor to get my... leg... checked out. Yeah.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lazy girls
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Good idea, you arn't being paid extra to be a pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          Can I get out early tomorrow?
          Why certainly!

Anyone else??

Comment

well, I find it hard to believe no one was left as the "go to person" for a decision.

In this case as the facts are presented, I would say that was up to them, for if they did not finish what needed to be done, next time, the boss might not be as lenient.

Perhaps he felt he had a mature enough crowd to not abuse the situation?

Nahhhhhhhhh
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

What does the workload demand? If hourly, does their time reflect leaving early?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                ... if they did not finish what needed to be done, next time, the boss might not be as lenient...
                Actually, I might be the bottleneck

Usually we have two full-time people (incl. me) and two part-time people evaluating matters which then two full-time and one part-time clerical people record.

Today and tomorrow, there's just me, one full-time clerical and one part-time clerical. There's a backlog of stuff building up which can't be recorded because it's not yet been evaluated.

Comment

I would say, tell them they can leave when their work is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                    I would say, tell them they can leave when their work is done.
                    Or when they...nah, this is a family forum!

Comment

Easy to respond to those that think they can take advantage of the situation. Tell the you have no problem with it, if all their work is done, and then ask them to fire you off an e-mail to let you know what time they're leaving and copy the people in the department so will know if they need anything to get it to them early. Have them copy your boss on it.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Can I get a raise boss?
                        One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          ... and copy the people in the department so will know if they need anything to get it to them early....
                          That's not necessary. There's seven people in our office. Four are missing in action. That leaves me and two clericals, and their cubicles are right next to each other.

Can I get a raise boss?
                          DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!

Comment

I think it's more... having it on record.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yep.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X