X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special taste

Hungary workers get shock at bottom of rum barrel

Thu May 4, 9:41 AM ET

Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.

According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-litre barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

lovely
    CSPA

I've been pickled myself a few times but never as much as this guy.

I'm sure he's looking down from Heaven and yelling: "Shove me back into the barrel, dammit!"

Comment

I've read some sick **** on the internet. But this is almost making me ill.

where's that puke smilie when you need it.

ah, here it is.

Comment

I think that I maybe would prefer this to the swedish surströmming.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

In terms of being horribly unappetizing, this one actually comes close to MPFC's Undertakers' Sketch.

"Well, I do feel a bit peckish.."

Comment

Grosssss

Comment

It reminds me of my scrumpy.

Someone needs to show Laz this thread.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Note to self: Avoid consuming ANYTHING from Jamaica. And Hungary too, just to be safe...
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I wonder about the taste. Do you think a human corpse can enrich the sugary taste into something fuller?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Make some scrumpy and decide for yourself. I did; although I do suggest leaving it outside during the fermination.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

** reads OP

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Would this be considered cannibalism?
                        CSPA

Comment

Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                          X