The World's Strangest UFO stories on Discovery Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World's Strangest UFO stories on Discovery Channel

The Discovery Channel is usually gullible when it comes to things paranormal or "unexplained," such as ghosts, UFOs, psychics, the bible code, etc.

So when I started watching a show called "The World's Strangest UFO Stories" I braced for the worst. However I was pleasantly surprised that the show has a decidedly skeptical slant to it, with the narrator poking fun at these stories in a very Brit way.

The topic of last night's show was govenment cover-ups and conspiracy theories. These are always hot with the fringe lunatics. Man, there are more wackos out there than you could imagine.

For example, there's some Oxford professor whose name escapes me right now -- Provost Harrison can probably help here -- who thinks that the whole world is some sort of virtual reality in an alien computer. He says something about this computer could simulate all the minds that have ever lived. Wouldn't it be just easier to make things up about those minds? You know, in the way that god created this world 15 minutes ago and all history is fabricated.

There's this other wacko who thinks that reptilian aliens came to earth thousands of years ago, bred with humans, and their offspring are controlling the world. This "theory" is complete with the name Illuminatus and aliens that can change shape and move between dimensions. What?

The sad thing is a lot of people in the US bought his books and actually believe in this stuff. So they start seeing reptilian visitors instead of the usual Grey. Ha ha.

Other assorted characters include somebody who asserted to be a former "Men in Black" and somebody who said he found alien implants in humans.

It's all quite comical, really.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

The reptilian theory, I have more on that, I just gotta find this video.. he had a conference about it.

edit: it's on torrentspy, I watched it a few weeks ago, was interesting at first, because he talks of the Stone Masons or whatever its called, Atlantis, reptiles (snakes), etc, but in the end the conference collapses into a joke.
    Last edited by FrostyBoy; May 3, 2006, 23:17.
    be free

Comment

Freemasons, no doubt.
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Oh, I remember now. The guy who's pushing the silly reptilian theory is called David Icke. He is even more loony than as presented on the show.

Comment

The day will come, one day you'll see that everybody will include the 6-day creation story with the most serious attempts to explain our offspring
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Remind me to stockpile WMD

Comment

The most amusing thing about David Icke is that he believes a lot of important Jews are actually reptiles who are controlling the world for whatever subversive purposes they have.

When critisized for being anti-semitic he responds by saying that he has nothing wrong with Jews, it's just that some Jews are reptiles.

Edit: From the Wikipedia article quoted above.

Icke has further claimed that a small group of Jews, namely the Rothschild family, also a "reptilian bloodline," financed Adolf Hitler and supported the Holocaust. As a result, Icke's speaking tours at one time attracted the interest of British neo-Nazis such as Combat 18, and he continues to face opposition from Jewish and anti-racist groups such as the Anti-Defamation League and the B'nai Brith in Canada. Icke has strongly denied that he is an anti-Semite, stressing that the Rothschilds are reptiles, not Jews.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

reminds me of scientology

lol
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I watched another show where they showed a bunch of people, mostly guys, who claim to have sex with ETs. Good stuff

Comment

As if ET's would WANT to have sex with a human. sigh..
                    be free

Comment

On this week's show they have people who are even wackier. There's this woman who claims herself to be an "interstellar medium," um. She thinks she can "link up" with some alien hundreds of light years away.

Then there are these bunch of guys who think that all ancient wonders (e.g. the pyramids, stonehenge, etc.) were either built by aliens visiting the earth, or by humans who were assisted by aliens. But why are these structures built in stone, instead of more advanced material, nobody knows.

Comment

If a show airs on the discovery channel, and nobody watches it, is it still spectacularly boring?
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

HOLD THE PHONE!

the discovery channel had something other than some stupid motorcycle restoration show?

oh wait, is that The Learning Channel I'm thinking of?

I get those stupid channels mixed up
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

We don't have TLC here, but even on the Discovery Channel there is a silly show about motorcycles, called "American Chopper."

Comment

yeah, that's the one...

it's on every time I flip to the Discovery Channel...

I think that's the one with that white trash family... the dad with that huge mustache (bye crackey! ) and his two sons

what a piece of crap show
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X