Well, it finally did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it finally did it.

In my various automotive debates with Asher I kept saying my Ford had never left me stranded any where but today it finally did. Since the car is 12 years old I guess it was due a good break down just as I'm due a new car but it is still a bit of a disappointment. Luckily I was only a block from my house when it happened but I went to shift and the clutch stayed down on the floor instead of popping back like it usually does. Since I can pull the clutch off of the floor but it springs back against the floor I suspect a broken clutch cable but I guess I'll have to have a mechanic look at it.

I think I will have to visit my local Acura dealer to test drive a new TSX soon though.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Acura.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

A clutch is to be expected, and is no big deal.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's only to be expected if you have a crappy car or don't know how to drive.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          A clutch is to be expected, and is no big deal.
          It is up to 145,000 mile now. I wouldn't call that crap and I most certainly know how to drive.

Comment

Just replace the cable/clutch and keep going. Don't waste your money on a new car.

New cars! A garunteeted way to loose money!!!
            (if your into that kinda thing...)
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

FORD
              Found
              On
              Road
              Dead

Probably the only thing I will ever ever agree with Asher about. Ford
              One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

Ford is better than GM any day. Not that that is saying much.

fix or repair daily. another acronym.

and yes a new car is a great way to lose money. I just found that out. . But it's not like I'm using that money for anything.

Comment

Give it to me (the money, not the car!!!). I'll show you what can be done with it...
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    Give it to me (the money, not the car!!!). I'll show you what can be done with it...
                    Fix your car?
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

What?! And remove all that personality my POS has? NEVER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        not true. It has a certain wear and tear at all times - 150k miles is a very good figure...
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah, while I totally agree that in general Fords suck, it's a friggin' clutch. They wear out. 145k miles doesn't sound bad.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Gay people aren't allowed to know anything about cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Playful
                              FORD
                              Found
                              On
                              Road
                              Dead

Probably the only thing I will ever ever agree with Asher about. Ford
                              12 years and 145,00 miles doesn't sound so bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X