WinXP problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP problem

When XPHome loads on a different computer, it goes through the loading screen with the rolling bar... then it goes black. After 2 seconds or so a blue screen appears with a message, but after a millisecond it reboots the computer.

I can't actually read the message in full, but IIRC it had something to do with something being unable to boot.

Any ideas?

Hit F8 as it goes from the bios to the OS. Use "safe mode" first. If it boots then you likely have a driver/hardware issue.

You may also try removing as many non-essential pieces of hardware from your system and see if that makes a difference.

Sometimes, just re-setting hardware in it's slot alliviates problems.

Comment

It could have been that virus email attachement I sent you...... or um.... I dunno.... speaking of which I don't even know you or your email address....
      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

This can be a virus, a bad driver, or maybe hardware. If your CPU fan stopped working, computer will reboot after getting warm. Check hardware first.

Comment

Doesnt appear to be hardware. I've tried some combinations and i get the same problems.

Any other thoughts?
          Last edited by Frozzy; May 2, 2006, 23:50.

Comment

How did you load it on a different computer? A new installation?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hm?

Comment

Re: WinXP problem

Originally posted by Kalius
                When XPHome loads on a different computer
                ...a different computer...

?
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

As in different to the one I am currently using (hence I am able to post now)

Comment

If Windows keeps rebooting in general it's probably caused by a virus.

Comment

Working...
                    X