Medicare/Social Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicare/Social Security

Revisions due to changes in demographic and in interest rates mean that the Medicare Trust Fund will be depleated in 2018 rather than the previously predicted 2020 and that the Social Security Trust Fund will be depleted in 2040 rather than 2041.

This doesn't mean that payments will stop. Rather, full payment of benefits will no longer be possible.
    Medicare will be able to pay out only 80%.
    Social Security will be able to pay out 74% .

My hope is that SB 840 passes in California. This would provide for a single payor healthcare system. Studies show this system would provide full health coverage to all California residents yet save $9 billion the first year and would provide even greater savings later on.

My simplistic solution to the Social Security problem is to say to members of my generation: "Take your choice: Retire at 70 with full benefits, or retire at 65 with 74% benefits."

I'd retire at the first opportunity.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My simplistic solution is to burn members of the baby boomers and use them for fuel.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Hey, bite me.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Soylent green. Not a bad idea.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
          X