Damn global warming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn global warming!

Damn global warming. I think it's time to turn on the air conditioning. I usually try to avoid doing that until late may, or even June (though that is a little too tough to do). May 1st and I already need A/C.

Yes I know. I should move to alaska. I would if my entire city (and surrounding area) could be moved up there. Though I doubt we'd get much tourism if we were in Alaska. . What can I say, I love my city.

I just like to try to do my part to conserve energy (except for owning a V8 car ), but it's tough when it gets hot.

So this thread is not entirely useless. What is your ideal temperature? What is the perfect temperature you like to keep your house at? I'd say 78 fahrenheit. 25.55 Celsius. Not too cold so you get a chill, not too hot so you sweat. But I usually keep my house at 81 fahrenheit to conserve energy.

Seems fairly nice in my cubicle. I just wish I had a window.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

actually I do like it cool/cold in the winter and warm in the summer. Life would be boring if I lived somewhere where the weather is perfect. who in the hell wants to live in California?

Nothing like going out in the middle of winter with no jacket on to make you feel more alive. Or going outside in 117 degree heat with long pants on and 2 shirts on to prove you are a real man.

Comment

You always want it to be something it's not. It's all relative.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

only 82 F (27.77 C) in my house right now. no need to turn on the AC yet.

Comment

Eh? Euro houses are at 20°C usually, in winter. In summer they heat up to open end because noone has A/C (north of the Alpes). But then our summers are relatively mild. You live in Death Valley.

Comment

who in the hell wants to live in California?
              Not I

and I know of no place in CA where the weather is perfect all the time... though San Diego is very close
              Monkey!!!

Comment

San Diego was actually kind of chilly at night even in the middle of summer. But of course, for most people this is ideal.

I just miss the days when it dropped into the 70's at night. But with the heat island effect of all the concrete in my city. This never happens anymore.

Comment

Global warming my ass - it has been the coldest and snowiest winter for a couple of decades.

Tomorrow they promised 23 degrees last week, but what do we get ? 15-17 degrees damn those meteorologisians.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Forget about the temperature outside, with Dis and a Mustang, Las Vegas is permanently h-o-t.

I've hardly ever had air-con at home. And we get 40° C days here.

Then again, Australia should have been colonised by the Spanish. Or the Moors. Now those guys knew how to do classy, hot-weather architecture... and we'd be able to get more work in the US that way.
                    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

I have decided there is nothing better in life than having a fan blow right up your shorts.

Comment

You are getting pretty desperate - aren't you ?
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

There are definitely other things I would rather have blown up my shorts.

Comment

Like?
                            be free

Comment

18°C in the winter and 25°C in the summer would be nice, although I can go down to 16°C and up to 27°C
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X